Official SneakyMailer Discussion

Finally rooted. Thanx to @sulcud. Nice box.

Special thanx to @holeymoley

If you feel like you are doing the right thing to get user but seem to be still executing as d********, consider that your code may be executed with low privs first before it runs again as the user you want to escalate to. If you aren’t handling errors, the script will fail before it runs the second time.

Fun box, rooted, pm for nudges.

Same here, it was a great box. Root was super easy and user was fun. I learned a lot. PM me for nudges (not answers, sorry)

I like this machine but honestly i have 0 idea till user when i was doing this machine. Everything was pretty new for me.

Spoiler Removed

rooted.

great box. Had a blast. cant wait to see more from op.

pm for any hints :smile:

The server is very unresponsive… Does anyone know why?

Finally rooted this box :smiley: Learned so many things for sure. Thanks @Treelovah for guiding me where i was stuck. Discord for help at Centip3d3#2049

Done!! rooted!!

Some stuff learned there, good box!!
Thanks to the creator for some good and interesting stuff. Good work!

Feel free to contact by pm if you need help or a nugde.

@kricket08 said:

Can I get a DM nudge? Have email addresses, sent email with payload, tried hydra, and just can’t seem to find how to get creds and access mailboxes. What vector am I missing?

EDIT:
Thanks @AidynSkullz !

Same here, can someone send me a hint via DM? (also found r******.p*p, but seems useless)

@doxxos said:

Same here, can someone send me a hint via DM? (also found r******.p*p, but seems useless)

The first thing I’d suggest is double-check the payload you’ve sent.

Am I supposed to assume the team members will reply to emails like real people? I’m lost on how much suspension of disbelief I should have going into this box.
If anyone has hints on foothold I would be incredibly happy to hear them.

@red404 said:

Am I supposed to assume the team members will reply to emails like real people? I’m lost on how much suspension of disbelief I should have going into this box.

Lots. Start off with an assumption that any links you send will result in something from someone.

At the end of the day, it’s a CTF not a real environment with human users. You can make assumptions that a level of automation will be in place to reflect expected behaviours.

can someone hint me??i have done a script that i extracted usernames and emails,tried to ftp =none ,tried to brute imap =none tryed to register and then connect to the mail with evolution = nothing …any help would be greatful

@xenofon said:

can someone hint me??i have done a script that i extracted usernames and emails,tried to ftp =none ,tried to brute imap =none tryed to register and then connect to the mail with evolution = nothing …any help would be greatful

What else can you do with email addresses?

Type your comment> @xenofon said:

I guess you have tried with evolution only to “receive” some email messages. But that’s not the only thing you can try to do with an email client, isn’t it?

Has anyone had 405 Method Not Allowed issues when trying to get user? I cannot get my payload to upload.

Lovely box, was a bit confused for a while until i knew what to fish for, but smooth sailing after that. root was a bit too easy and close to user imho, but i’m not gonna complain about low hanging fruit :stuck_out_tongue:

Type your comment> @AzAxIaL said:

Has anyone had 405 Method Not Allowed issues when trying to get user? I cannot get my payload to upload.

Change your request method with use of any proxying software like Burp.