Official Intense Discussion

Thanks to an very patient @ollypwn I got user yesterday night. now Iā€™m stuck on getting a shell :blush:

Shell is not needed !

@sokafr I figured that out, when the service kept on crashing as soon as I had a connection :blush: still looking for another, more safe, way

is anyone willing to give me a nudge for the final part? :slight_smile: please pm

EDIT: I solved it finally. my first time approaching this kind of exploit, thank you so much for the box and the experience :slight_smile:

finally finished the box. What a learning journey it was, especially that nasty road to root :smiley:

pm for hints or emotional support

@traut said:
finally finished the box. What a learning journey it was, especially that nasty road to root :smiley:

pm for hints or emotional support

Fully agree! That was a puzzle and a half. What an amazing box @sokafr. Thanks :blush:

Thanks to @sokafr for uploading this amazing box, the root part of this machine was impossible for me, but thanks to the explanation given by @CHUCHO and @fr0ster I was able to root it

My hints:

User:

• In those types of cases you need to try harder
  • (Shell) Donā€™t forget the first rule of the Fight Club

Root:

• Itā€™s the first thing you found, research on birds, ropes and donā€™t give up. I was able to get this part thanks to the help of @CHUCHO and @fr0ster

if this is spoiler, feel free to remove it

Finally! That was an intense machine! Thanks @sokafr for the learning experience. Not even sure where to start with hints as there are about 7 attacks/exploits required here. Happy to give nudges but be required to do some work on this machine.

$ whoami && id && hostname
root
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
intense

Does anybody know if sn**d restart once in a while?

The box seems pretty unstable, dropping connection every 1-2 minutes for 30 sec.
Even after 2 reset same thingā€¦

Iā€™m looking for a nudge on root. I think Iā€™m on the right track, but need some help with the bird.
Update: Past the bird now, hopefully nearly at the endā€¦

i know there is s** but donā€™t know how to exploit it !! anyone can help me ?? please

Type your comment> @n33r47 said:

i know there is s** but donā€™t know how to exploit it !! anyone can help me ?? please

Source code and a strong googling will help you out.

@gunroot okk bro i am trying !!!

Iā€™m stuck at square one on this box but I do have some theories but I could do with running them past someone who has completed this box (or at least got user) so I donā€™t spend the rest of my life chasing red herrings down rabbit holes.

I am stuck on s**p thing !! Timeout: No Response this is the error i am facing

finally got root, what a ride
really struggled with the root part, bc of some stupid mistakes (from now on, i will double check everything :wink: )

thanks to @sokafr for the really great box

finally rooted. definitely the hardest box Iā€™ve done so far, particularly the last part. I learned a lot. thanks @sokafr!

I could use a nudge on the s**i partā€¦ iā€™m having a hard time finding a slow thing that isnā€™t banned. would appreciate a nudge or being told this is not the way.

It took me some timeā€¦ but I got root! What a great box! One of my favorites! Thanks @sokafr
If someone needs small a nudge, you can send me a PM :smiley: