Official Blackfield Discussion

Three days later, but I rooted. Thank you @TazWake for helping be confirm my bearings.

Thank you for the box @aas

DM for nudges!

Can anyone help me… I already have the DMP file… and I dont know how to open this… PLease help thanks

@Tapper21 said:

Can anyone help me… I already have the DMP file… and I dont know how to open this… PLease help thanks

Google is genuinely your friend here. If you google the file you have and the OS you are using there will be articles explaining what you can do.

There are two common tools (well, one but its a windows tool and there is a port to Linux) for this.

Got the user flag… now need to root…

I wonder why that script dont work any proposition !
Nevermind rooted ## Thanks To @zdko for Hints !!

Type your comment> @sparkla said:

Someone has a nudge for me how to find something for Mr. au2* ?

notice that support can do something to au***.**20

Type your comment> @Jk3r16 said:

I wonder why that script dont work any proposition !
Nevermind rooted ## Thanks To @zdko for Hints !!

you are welcom bro anytime

rooted !!!..thx @TazWake
i have learn a lot about Windows AD…
A great box :slight_smile:

@sparkla did you get the nudge you were looking for?

is the root flag encrypted? i already seen it… but i cannot open, please help

A hint regarding the escalation to root would be very grateful. I’ve submitted the user flag and think I’m on the right path although some extracted data I have doesn’t seem to work anywhere. I don’t think I need another account before root as the account I have definitely has some tidy superpowers.

Rooted. A really enjoyable box and another brilliant learning experience. Thanks to @aas for taking the time to create this box.

Happy to help if anyone needs it.

I got it!! :slight_smile: Thanks zdko, Tazwake,achyromaric and other member of this great group!
Evil-WinRM PS C:\users\administrator\desktop> whoami
blackfield\administrator :slight_smile:

solved

Spoiler Removed

Can someone give me a nudge on using v**.p* to review D** files taken from S** please? Never used it before and it can’t seem to identify specific im*****fo

EDIT: no worries all sorted :smiley:

Pretty sure someone is trolling and changing the root flag.

Can someone provide the root flag to me if I give them the administrator hash?

Spoiler Removed

@reverie said:

HTB uses dynamic flags. There is a new flag every time the box resets and different flags on each VPN connection.

If rooted the box and gave you the flag, it would be no use to you and we would probably both get banned for violating HTB’s rules.

When you get a flag you need to use it fairly quickly.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@reverie said:

HTB uses dynamic flags. There is a new flag every time the box resets and different flags on each VPN connection.

If rooted the box and gave you the flag, it would be no use to you and we would probably both get banned for violating HTB’s rules.

When you get a flag you need to use it fairly quickly.

Thanks. Reset the box twice before seeing this post and noticed two different hashes. Submitted the second one and it went through.

Thought it was legit part of the machine for a bit, but things didn’t add up. Was picturing the machine creator creating the final hurdle like: https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/017/354/elrisitas.jpg