Valentine

@onlyamedic said:
There’s a huge hint for as to what you need to do, don’t think too hard. There’s are context clues you can use. Take some time & look at the ‘artwork’ that’s given.

i’ve run both the metasploit and python exploit nearly a hundred times and I haven’t found anything other than the passphrase. and nothing that i could consider a user/pass. am i missing something?

@d3m0nr007 said:

@h3kd3w said:
what is the best way to get something usefull from memory leak? i’m using msf… but get only crypted stuff…

Go through the data dump from the exploit. You will get some data that can be used in the decode page to find the passphrase. Also try to get the RSA private key. And Google how to use them together. You will figure it out soon.

yo mate, thx for reply :+1:
i think to have found the passprhrase but when try to add it on opennssl i get this error ::
Enter pass phrase for hype.key:
unable to load Private Key
140455105323200:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:…/crypto/evp/evp_enc.c:536:
140455105323200:error:0906A065:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad decrypt:…/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:445:
error in rsa

@h3kd3w said:

@d3m0nr007 said:

@h3kd3w said:
what is the best way to get something usefull from memory leak? i’m using msf… but get only crypted stuff…

Go through the data dump from the exploit. You will get some data that can be used in the decode page to find the passphrase. Also try to get the RSA private key. And Google how to use them together. You will figure it out soon.

yo mate, thx for reply :+1:
i think to have found the passprhrase but when try to add it on opennssl i get this error ::
Enter pass phrase for hype.key:
unable to load Private Key
140455105323200:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:…/crypto/evp/evp_enc.c:536:
140455105323200:error:0906A065:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad decrypt:…/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:445:
error in rsa

[SOLVED]
this error means wrong passphrase, i have founded the right one, now it work! :+1:

@SirFIS said:

@onlyamedic said:
There’s a huge hint for as to what you need to do, don’t think too hard. There’s are context clues you can use. Take some time & look at the ‘artwork’ that’s given.

i’ve run both the metasploit and python exploit nearly a hundred times and I haven’t found anything other than the passphrase. and nothing that i could consider a user/pass. am i missing something?

Why do you think you are missing something? Look at some of the previous comments, and use what you found & put 2 + 2 together. It sounds like you have what you need if you found a “passphrase”

I managed to figure out the problem with the priv key and use the passphrase found using the exploit for it but ssh is still asking for the user password? does this mean I’m using the wrong user? Or am I doing something else wrong?

EDIT: Nvm I’m stupid…

Can someone point me in the right direction, I know what the machine is vulnerable too. I verified this via nmap and then user metasploit, i found the php files and the encoded hype text. I’ve ran this exploit close to 57 times and I still havent found the RSA key…

They already removed it from the labs for free but this is for one to go to VIP I was already thinking about it but so forcibly I do not think I do it

After spending last whole day i wasn’t able to get anything from bleed, but wow today i got lucky and found passphrase in single shoot :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
Hence got user now upto root

Hey guys, hoping to get some help with the username. I’ve been reading through the forums and I’m aware you have to think simple. I’ve gotten everything you need up to this point including pass + key. I’m either using the key incorrectly or just having troubles thinking of usernames. Just hoping for a bit more of a hint with the username.

Edit: I got it.

Hi all.
I’m new to the game (htb and security) and would very much appreciate some pointers. Not looking for the answers just guidance. I ran the exploit and retrieved the string from it. I also retrieved another string (hype). Now I believe the way in is through ssh, however I am nowhere near the skill level to put 2 and 2 together for this.

Thank you in advanced.

{Don’t mind this just testing my signature :disappointed: }
wwww

@IronBeagle said:
Hi all.
I’m new to the game (htb and security) and would very much appreciate some pointers. Not looking for the answers just guidance. I ran the exploit and retrieved the string from it. I also retrieved another string (hype). Now I believe the way in is through ssh, however I am nowhere near the skill level to put 2 and 2 together for this.

Thank you in advanced.

man is your man… as in man pages … :wink:

I need help with this Rsa.key i dont know what to do…i need hint

You need to look at what you think it is encoded as.

@J3rryBl4nks i can not find what needs to be decoded with that key

I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with these weird file permissions that I’m finding in enumeration. Can someone pm me with a tip? I know I’ve found some weird ■■■■ but none of it is writeable and I want to make sure I’m not chasing nothing.

I decode the hype.key and i found the private key RSA …but i dont know how to find the passphrase

i got root

Just got root. PM me for hints on how to solve this box the official way or by using exploits.

Hey guys, I enumerated as much as I could. Are there 2 different rsa keys? Am I on the right track? I have also obtained the passphrase to unlock the rsa key but not sure what is the username.