Admirer

Can someone nudge me somewhere. I’m still pretty new and i know what is “blocked” on r*****.**t and ive tried hitting it against dirbuster and nothing.

Rooted. DM for nudges

@brxanxs said:
Can someone nudge me somewhere. I’m still pretty new and i know what is “blocked” on r*****.**t and ive tried hitting it against dirbuster and nothing.

the word “blocked” is not mentioned in r*****.**t file, if we’re talking about the same file

Echoing other comments here, a really enjoyable box. Thank you to @polarbearer and @GibParadox for taking the time to create this box so we can learn new techniques, it’s very much appreciated.

The foothold drove me absolutely mad, but is actually simple if you’re fastidious and logical with your enumeration (as others have also said). I spent days banging my head on my desk, and then: ahhhhh, I see…

Enjoyable escalation to root.

Happy to hint if people are stuck.

Type your comment> @M4st3rM1nd said:

@brxanxs said:

the word “blocked” is not mentioned in r*****.**t file, if we’re talking about the same file

Oh i got rooted after some googling into A****r
If what i just said is a spoiler just remove it

Super cool box, just rooted
PM for nudges

Foothold: Was really tricky, found it with help from some hints here. I have to get better at enumerating properly.

User: Really intresting, found a great article so it was not that tricky, but many steps.

Root: I went really fast from user->root, but it is a really great privesc i have seen before.
Google p***** e** privesc and you might find something intresting

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@grai123 said:

Fair. Looking at the traffic is something I actually have not tried. I’ll check that out. I have spent a long time trying to configure this ■■■■ thing and I’m getting pretty frustrated.

It is understandable because this can be a frustrating step.

Have a look at the form and make sure you are telling it to go to where you want it to go and then make sure where you are telling it to go will let it in.

For some reason, now I am getting “Connection Refused” error. I pulled up wireshark and I can see the SYN and RST/ACK packets, so it confirms the connection refused. I do not know why though. I used the correct credentials (the ones I set) and accessing the correct DB. I also checked firewall, and it allows all 3306 traffic (no restrictions). The service is running and I didn’t see anything helpful in the mysql error logs.

Finally rooted, I found user considerably harder than root on this one mostly because the box throws a lot at you after some initial enumeration and I ended up going down many rabbit holes.

The path to root was clear after that, I knew what to do however I spent some time figuring out HOW to do it because I wasn’t very familiar with the language used.

PM for nudges!

Great priv esc! I have been using P***** for years and it never even crossed my mind that it could be used for that.

I didn’t find the foothold too bad, although I can see how you might if you don’t get the first step early on. Spent most of the time on user getting M**** to accept remote connections as I have always used it locally, but it was pretty straight forward after that.

I like to think I’m improving but it may have just been luck :slight_smile:

I am having an issue while getting root access
setted up everything but struggling with the P*PATH ( typing echo $PPATH gives me the path that typed yet when i try to execute the code it doesn’t work
can someone give me a hand with the path thing :confused:
edit: well i guess i fixed the PATH, tried to execute the file from any folder and it works
BUT nothing happens when it comes to MR RIGHT FILE ( when pressing 6 )
edit1: ROOTED !!! the problem was my path as expected digged a bit on it xD

I absolutely LOVED this box.

Anyone got some good recommendations for a wordlist for content discovery?

@benjamin2000 said:

Anyone got some good recommendations for a wordlist for content discovery?

Big.

Fun box, lots of rabbit holes. For user make sure you enumerate everything. For root, read the program carefully. Feel free to PM me for hints. Let me know what you have tried and I will try to nudge you in the right direction.

This box felt like a pretty hard easy but I really enjoyed it. It was fun to see a box where there are many small steps to get to the user flag.
I wasted a lot of time on the root because I was trying to upgrade the shell I already had instead of spawning a remote shell. Felt pretty dumb when I realized why it wasn’t working…

Rooted! User for me took HOURS and root took less than an hour. Good box for learning some new stuff even if it’s a little frustrating at times.

Spoiler Removed

Great box, the root was interesting, thanks :slight_smile:

So i know what i need to do for A***er.**p, but i can’t seem to log into it. i know what credentials i’m supposed to use, but they aren’t working. I’ve created a datb**e, try to log into it, but it just keeps telling me denied. Not sure what i’m doing wrong. The creds i’m using for it should definitely work.