[SOLVED] Exploit completed, but no sessions created.

Type your comment> @blackhoodee said:

hello guys,

have an issue with Metasploit… while doing Lame, i first get

“No payload configured, defaulting to cmd/unix/reverse_netcat”

then i configure RSHOSTS ,RPORT and for the rev shell LHOST and LPORT
hence i fire up nc and hit run on Metasploit … but

“Exploit completed, but no session was created.”

has anyone experienced that?
Thanks!

I am having a similar issue with Lame. Everyone keeps saying make sure to set the payload within the exploit which I keep trying to do, there are quite a few meterpreter payloads and ive tried most of the Linux meterpreter payloads but it is not letting me set it as there is a some sort of error I get when I try to set it.

My next move is to try to run the payload first and attempt to somehow get a session on the machine and then background the session and try to run the exploit after.

But I am still lost as to why this is happening as I double checked on walk throughs and they have no issues with the automatic payload that is built into the exploit itself.

About to uninstall metasploit and reinstall it but it worked okay on my eJPT labs yesterday so im lost.

I fail to see why the automatic payload cmd/unix/reverse_netcat wouldn’t work as it seems like an unstaged payload that netcat should be able to pick up on. NC wouldnt be as handy as meterpreter I suppose but I would guess it should still work.