Official SneakyMailer Discussion

Official discussion thread for SneakyMailer. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

All the best everyone!

Good luck everyone. I hope all enjoy the machine :slight_smile:

thats a lot of possible users :frowning:

User Blood image InfoSecJack 00 days, 03 hours, 45 mins, 53 seconds.
Root Blood image InfoSecJack 00 days, 03 hours, 48 mins, 41 seconds.

How you do it?
Did you have BFG-9000 or Big F… Silver Bullet?
It’s cool

I’m confused – machine went live less than 3 hours ago – yet it shows bloods at 3 hours 45+ minutes from going live… huh? what am I missing? Do VIP members get early access?

@ricm916 said:

I’m confused – machine went live less than 3 hours ago – yet it shows bloods at 3 hours 45+ minutes from going live… huh? what am I missing? Do VIP members get early access?

The bloods are always about 3 hours out. Its a glitch in the way they are calculated.

Rooted it! This was an interesting box! Thanks @sulcud! Time to go to bed now…

i only enumerate the users can any one give me a nudge please

Hey guys! I’m a bit new at this…having trouble finding a foothold…any nudges? I’ve done some basic enum, found several open ports/a dashboard, currently reading up on the whole SMTP/POP3/Courier IMAP stuff…

At least people waited more than the first 3 hours to ask for nudges. Looks like progress compared to normal release day!

any nudges!!
bruteforcing!!

post removed by user

I created a user and I can verify that he exists (or his mailbox). But i am not able to authenticate. Is this the right way? or is it a rabbit hole? I tried using curl too but no luck there.

I have got creds for user p*pi , what to do next can someone give a nudge… am i in a rabbithole?

nvm rooted the box

Type your comment> @joenibe said:

I created a user and I can verify that he exists (or his mailbox). But i am not able to authenticate. Is this the right way? or is it a rabbit hole? I tried using curl too but no luck there.

Rabbit hole :wink:

Type your comment> @Caracal said:

Type your comment> @joenibe said:

Rabbit hole :wink:

damnnnnn I have been trying that path for 6 hours

root nice box

The flags rotation system become more and more laggy… specially with new boxes, it’s kind of frustrating.
I mean i’m still trying to submit those flags, it’s been 1 hour…

Thanks for the box @sulcud.

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
sneakymailer

Type your comment> @Caracal said:

The flags rotation system become more and more laggy… specially with new boxes, it’s kind of frustrating.
I mean i’m still trying to submit those flags, it’s been 1 hour…

Thanks for the box @sulcud.

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
sneakymailer

You should as @TazWake says… submit a ticket about this so that HTB can fix it. If enough of us keep submitting tickets eventually they will get the point.