Metaexploit WINRM_login with KALI fails?

[Reedit post]
Hi,
I was working on HEIST and I used metasploit with module (/auxiliary/scanner/winrm/Winrm_login) . I used a user.txt and pass.txt to test all my findings. All of them was unsuccesful with Kali. I checked the walktrough and two users where ok. Even, the owner of the document used the same as me: metasploit. I created new Kali linux with same results. Finally I used the HTB box (parrot os) and local parrot VM and in both the results where as expected. Anybody experienced the same?

thank you

well, long story short.
the box requires encrypted communication. msf winrm_login modules does not support it.

had the same problem with fuse box a couple of days ago. I stopped doing the box and started debugging that…

I manually edited the msf module to show ,at least, that the creds are correct.

*ps. Some people in the forum mentioned that msf works for fuse. I have no idea how that happened.

but this is weird because this morning I used the HTB parrot box. I did the same and from there it works. So, I wonder if it is something from ne version of Kali Linux. My metasploit version is newer than parrot. But it is fustrating due now it have to test several tools to ensure that credentials are good. Maybe I will try to reinstall kali.

I installed fresh kali and the has the same issue. I going to try parrot in order to discard OS. Maybe it is a network issue?

Looks like it is a metasploit problem. 5.0.87 works but everything later on don’t.

can confirm that parrot+msf works fine.
my 1 week kali+msf does not.

it is not about KAli. Is about version. I opened an issue and they tried several checkouts. So, after 5.0.92 it doesn’t work properly with this module. 5.0.92 does. For the moment I am working with crackmapexec to check the same.

Type your comment> @Rayz said:

well, long story short.
the box requires encrypted communication. msf winrm_login modules does not support it.

had the same problem with fuse box a couple of days ago. I stopped doing the box and started debugging that…

*ps. Some people in the forum mentioned that msf works for fuse. I have no idea how that happened.

Hi Rayz,

I’m having the same problem with fuse box now. I’m using the latest msf by the way. Did you manage to fix the issue at the end?

Type your comment> @Carnation said:

Type your comment> @Rayz said:

well, long story short.

Hi Rayz,

I’m having the same problem with fuse box now. I’m using the latest msf by the way. Did you manage to fix the issue at the end?

sorry for the late answer, i was on business.

The way i fixed it at that time was to change the winrm_login code, something that maybe is not a good idea.

Have you tried updating MSF, maybe it has been fixed?

It was for a machine. At the end I used crackmapexe to do the same. I will recheck it. Tahnk you