Remote

Shout out to absolutenoob 1 and Nism0 for reaching out. Was able to get the respective scripts working, was just a little newb on seeing what was right in front of me.

User hash gotten
Root – not so much, and lost my session lol

Well, it’s reached the point where it’s no fun anymore I’m afraid… :frowning:
I got the creds, and I’m able to ping myself through the particular exploit.
Yet, no matter what changes I do to get a RV, I always get either nothing or a syntax error (relatively to the million of double and single quotes I guess).
Would someone be kind enough to tell me what I should do from there ? Windows syntax is weird and unknown to me and I think that might be the reason I’ve been struggling for a while now.

I know it may sounds bad but can anyone point me in the right direction for user. I am trawling though the share and umbraco files. Not found much till now apart from the portal and a user called s****h. No password that I can see through

Finally got root on this one…i could not get the U** S** route to work though. The alternative route is a great enum and research option. Learned quite a bit working on this one! Much thanks, @mrb3n

C:\Windows\system32>whoami
nt authority\system
C:\Windows\system32>systeminfo
Host Name: REMOTE

This is my first. I have managed to get the file and have find user credentials but do not know how to find password. Assuming they are encrypted. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Found them!

Finally rooted! Feel free to PM me for any nudges!

HI Guys,
i am stuck with the root part
I am unable to run Ine-AC**S … its showing me and error…
can anyone help me out with this ?

Type your comment> @panic said:

Hi all,

For the TV exploit, could someone point me to the best way to run a python exploit on a Windows box? What did you do?

Yes, I know there’s metasploit, but who did the exploit without MSF? Any tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

This is the problem I’m having. I am confident I am super close to getting root, but these are my dilemmas regarding the two methods that seem to be hinted are in this thread:

1. TV exploiit: the box doesn’t have Py in order to run the exploit. I went as far as dropping a “portable” version of it, but it has to be version 2 which doesn’t appear to have such a version and I can’t seem to get it to install, which I wasn’t expecting to work anyway.

2. Un****** Se****: I keep getting this message, NoMethodError undefined method `extapi’

Edit: So I figured out a way to run Py “remotely” and I think this is the direction I’m supposed to be going in, but it is telling me the command ran without returning a result. Still chipping away.

@routetehpacket said:

This is the problem I’m having. I am confident I am super close to getting root, but these are my dilemmas regarding the two methods that seem to be hinted are in this thread:

1. TV exploiit: the box doesn’t have Py in order to run the exploit. I went as far as dropping a “portable” version of it, but it has to be version 2 which doesn’t appear to have such a version and I can’t seem to get it to install, which I wasn’t expecting to work anyway.

You are over-complicating things, here. You can grab useful information with built-in Windows tools, and then do the “heavy lifting” on your own machine :wink:
Feel free to PM me, if you have questions.

rooted. This was trouble for me.

Not familiar with windows stuff so it was hard for me to see what is vulnerable.

Thanks for the box.

thanks, @HomeSen

I was able to get root the “native” route, but I’d still be interested in figuring out the “hostname” way if it is possible.

finally rooted

Hi, I found one password and the user but I can not login. Is the password wrong? I tried both user mails (I have found)

Traceback (most recent call last): File “secretnameofthisexploit.py”, line 54, in VIEWSTATE = soup.find(id=“__VIEWSTATE”)[‘value’] TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

Hey guys i have this issue on my kali. I can use exploit from my main OS anyway i want to fix this issue on kali.
Is there some1 who know how to fix it ? date seems to be okey
nudges++

Finally rooted using U****C user was actually way easier for me than root. Learned some for root, definitely a fun box. I think ill try through TV now. PM me for nudges.

Finally rooted this box. It took me way longer than it should have because I was being an idiot for the first couple days. I used the TV method. Not entirely sure what the U****C thing I’ve been seeing is, I’ll have to look into that.
Root was much easier than User, it just takes basic enumeration and then knowing what to do with the PW. Thanks for the nice box, @mrb3n.

C:\Windows\system32>hostname && whoami
hostname && whoami
remote
nt authority\system

I learn something from the box.

Hello, I got the creds for login to Umbraco. After that I did searchsploit for umbraco and got some exploit from metasploit.

I tried to use Metasploit but it is not working. I don’t know why?

is there any other way?

Has this box been out and retired once already? I found a total walkthrough for it online…

This machine is still alive and kicking active. Unfortunately, not everyone follows the rule of “no public write-ups before retirement”.