Official Bounty Head Discussion

Official discussion thread for Bounty Head. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Anyone else stuck at the last part?

The flag is neither encoded nor encrypted and the flag string is contained inside the HTB{(.*)} flag format.

im still stuck at the last bit. i have random string that i doesnt seem to fit anywhere.

So, I found a hash for a certain network service, but hashcat doesn’t like it for no apparent reason. Anyone an idea what I’m doing wrong?

EDIT:
Comparing it to the example hashes, it seems like the salt is a lot longer.

Having the same issue breaking the salted hash…

EDIT:
Got a step further. Be creative and DIY here…

I managed to connect to the server, I listened to everything that goes by, but I don’t understand … any hints ?

Edit: Stuck on the last bit now as well.

Well, this challenge is frustrating the heck out of me. It was fun right up until the very last part…

I have successfully connected to the server. I’ve seen the messages, I’ve seen the logs. I’ve subscribed to the channel from the logs. Nothing. I’ve also managed to kick off the other client.

I would really appreciate a nudge because this is driving me insane. Thanks :smiley:

Type your comment> @hammerzeit said:

Well, this challenge is frustrating the heck out of me. It was fun right up until the very last part…

I have successfully connected to the server. I’ve seen the messages, I’ve seen the logs. I’ve subscribed to the channel from the logs. Nothing. I’ve also managed to kick off the other client.

I would really appreciate a nudge because this is driving me insane. Thanks :smiley:

Same here XD.

Well, after some weeks being completely stuck, I’ve done it. In fact, the flag was already there since the very beginning, but for some reason I was not seeing it XD. For those who are still trying this one, sometimes it’s best to look behind the scenes XD.

Thanks a lot to @maltedk for his last hint. I think I had this kind of “facepalm” moment XD.

EDIT - Query around a connection issue I got resolved.

guys, I’m completely stuck at the very end, any nudge would be great

Hi

my ni*** reverse shell doesn’t work, could someone pls pm me, so that we could troubleshoot?
Tried several ports and still cannot get the connection.
That would be very helpful, thx

All good now, can ignore my post

Nice challenge @MrR3boot enjoyed it. @mikeper - if you’re still stuck hit me in a PM for a nudge whilst it’s still fresh in the mind. FWIW - the @maltedk hint didn’t help me, but now I’ve solved it - it does make sense.

I’ve found an important looking hash but cannot seem to crack it using hashcat. i know the hash is encoded in b***** and have tried rearranging it into a format that hashcat can recognize but no luck so far… I’ve even tried chopping the long salt into smaller salts but still no dice.

can anyone help a newb out? xD

Any tip for the hash please?

Hi all.

I’ve stuck on first step, all that hit my head was bulk_extractor, but I’ve found nothing.
Could anybody give a some hint for first step?

Hi , can I PM someone for a nudge , I’m stuck with some user’s hash, thanks