Official Fuse Discussion

Type your comment> @termtype said:

This machine is giving me a headache. Especially with VS2019 in the mix. All good, I get it, its best to compile source code on the intended system/architecture. I was able to compile ELD***.cpp, no problems. However, for compiling E****C*****.cpp, I downloaded the master branch and just opened the .sln file, modified correct portion for my rev shell. It compiled successfully and I have the resulting executable, but I am receiving CreateFile Failed. HITS HEAD AGAINST WALL Any ideas?

Have the same issues!!! Any help would be much appreciated

Type your comment> @Starksparrow said:

Type your comment> @termtype said:

This machine is giving me a headache. Especially with VS2019 in the mix. All good, I get it, its best to compile source code on the intended system/architecture. I was able to compile ELD***.cpp, no problems. However, for compiling E****C*****.cpp, I downloaded the master branch and just opened the .sln file, modified correct portion for my rev shell. It compiled successfully and I have the resulting executable, but I am receiving CreateFile Failed. HITS HEAD AGAINST WALL Any ideas?

Have the same issues!!! Any help would be much appreciated

Basically, in a nutshell, one of the key things that was vital for me to get my code to compile in VS2019 was downloading the Desktop Development with C++ - Install C and C++ support in Visual Studio | Microsoft Learn

This should at least help you get started on correctly compiling your source code.

Type your comment> @MTOTH said:

Type your comment> @danielcues said:

Anybody else getting a “result was WERR_INVALID_NAME”?

I had the same issue, welcome to the club… Thanks for @SanderZ31 to helping me out :slight_smile:

Recompiling and installing an older version of samba didn’t help either.

@metuldann
Told me that the rpcclient bug is probably due to using a hostname instead of ip to connect. (bug in rpcclient).

Type your comment> @SanderZ31 said:

Type your comment> @MTOTH said:

Type your comment> @danielcues said:

Anybody else getting a “result was WERR_INVALID_NAME”?

I had the same issue, welcome to the club… Thanks for @SanderZ31 to helping me out :slight_smile:

Recompiling and installing an older version of samba didn’t help either.

@metuldann
Told me that the rpcclient bug is probably due to using a hostname instead of ip to connect. (bug in rpcclient).

Confirmed, using the IP address instead of hostname has resolved my issue!

Nudge on initial would be appreciated, thanks!

Update: Thanks @SanderZ31 and @davihack for the nudge. Now for root although I’m not excited after reading the comments.

Rooted, @SanderZ31 for the win. I really struggled with compiling, but learned a few things along the way.

Got user, if anyone needs help with the initial foothold feel free to DM.

This was a good box, it took me a while to work out the step to get root. But once I understood that I was able to compile the right solution.

Thanks to @EvilT0r13, @syro @SanderZ31 and @MrClark who gave me a nidge early on

Hi All, Needing a nudge with root, have found the right path and compiled relevant files. When running on box, fails to create Process? Any hints would be much appreciated!

Those who are struggle with compiling the eo * *lo**er, you can find the compiled version on Github (x64 and x86 version). I’m still fighting for root so I’m not sure if it would work.

Update: the precompiled version didn’t work for me. Compile that cpp yourself it will be the best option. Take care of the target architecture, because I’ve lost a couple of hours to find out why my shell didn’t show any output when I ran it.

This machine was a nice learning path. The initial foothold was a pain in the ■■■, but the main cause was that I didn’t filter the output. Lessons learned. The further enumeration was a bit CTF-ish for me, especially the enum command which didn’t work as intended; so instead of hostnames use IP address when enumerating.

Root was a nice learning path, you can find every info using Google and GitHub. There are a number of blogs which describes the attack vector. You don’t need any coding skills (I don’t have either), just one little tweak. Thanks @SanderZ31 , @metuldann and @VbScrub for helping me on my way :slight_smile:

Hi.
ExxxxxtCxxcxx.exe end with a : “CreateProcess() failed”.
Anyone can help me please ?
EDIT : I did a mistake sorry.

Type your comment> @ericbosba said:

Hi.
ExxxxxtCxxcxx.exe end with a : “CreateProcess() failed”.
Anyone can help me please ?
EDIT : I did a mistake sorry.

Yes, the malicious thing didn’t load :slight_smile: 1st step is to load that :slight_smile: I had this error message earlier…

Thought I’d give a little tip for users as this had me running in circles for 2 weeks and only hit me in the face today.

• if you use hosts for server resolution this wont help you.

can anyone give me a nudge i have found some usernames but after that i am clue less what to do next i have tried to find any password via L**P, even tried to brute force creds on S*B Nothing happen. just help me to point in right direction to proceed further.
Thanks

@parteeksingh said:

can anyone give me a nudge i have found some usernames but after that i am clue less what to do next i have tried to find any password via L**P, even tried to brute force creds on S*B Nothing happen. just help me to point in right direction to proceed further.
Thanks

Dont brute force the access, you can use a tool like hydra to find what you need but you have to pay attention to the output.

Then when you find the difference you can change it to what you need.

@TazWake I have tried but i didn’t find any difference in the output as you have mentioned. Something is still i am not able to catch from your hint.
Thanks for a nudge.

Working towards root myself. I guess I’m missing a part of enumeration.

Foothold wasn’t too bad. I should remember it’s quite common to provide new users with temporary business type formatted passwords.

@parteeksingh said:

@TazWake I have tried but i didn’t find any difference in the output as you have mentioned. Something is still i am not able to catch from your hint.
Thanks for a nudge.

Trying to be a bit more descriptive: You need a custom wordlist - there is a built in tool to create this if it helps.

Use this and your list of usernames, maybe with an alternative to hydra that works well on S**. Look at the responses and if you see something change, make a note of it.

@TazWake i found my mistake when creating custom word list just missed one switch.
Yup have found some passwords now

@parteeksingh said:

@TazWake i found my mistake when creating custom word list just missed one switch.
Yup have found some passwords now

Awesome work.

I could use a nudge re the foothold as well please:
I enumerated some users and I have tried to follow the comments on anonymous r******** -? with pretty much all commands related to the device that seems to be the center of attention on this box. The box keeps telling me, it wasn’t able to initialize two things and gives me nothing except denied access and a headache :slight_smile: