Cache

Stop reseting box ■■■, I can’t get root because of you.

I pretty much got root and user at the same time. Can someone let me know what I missed in order to get user first??

rooted! tq.

PM me if you need a nudge.

@stbl said:

I pretty much got root and user at the same time. Can someone let me know what I missed in order to get user first??

The user credentials.

Now stuck in the sql injection.
Tried to get user password, but just got a long hash and salt.
Tried to dumpfile, but everytime I use “INTO” in the injection, it just return error.

Type your comment> @6uta said:

Now stuck in the sql injection.
Tried to get user password, but just got a long hash and salt.
Tried to dumpfile, but everytime I use “INTO” in the injection, it just return error.

Enum more. Maybe look for something that you weren’t able to see before?

Enumeration is leading nowhere for me. Found an exploit for the “alternative project”, but can’t find where to leverage it.

Edit: Nevermind. Dumping the database now. :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @kcaaj said:

Type your comment> @6uta said:

(Quote)
Enum more. Maybe look for something that you weren’t able to see before?

Thanks.
I just pass the hash to my friend and get the login credential.

Three days and no further forward with the foothold on this box. I’ve heeded the comments but am clearly missing something obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@11o said:

Three days and no further forward with the foothold on this box. I’ve heeded the comments but am clearly missing something obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enumeration matters. If you fuzz around you can get initial access. Then google-fu can help you find the information you need to turn that initial contact into something more useful.

A nod to @TazWake, very much appreciated as always.

Got root!

So, I had to leave this box and come back to it because it kept getting reset. I’ve gotten to the deployment of my r****** s****, but it doesn’t seem to be getting uploaded correctly or to the correct directory. The dashboard is confusing as ■■■■.

EDIT - Nevermind. I’m an idiot.

Got my foothold but im stuck on getting my first user. Reading through the hints here it seems i should have enum’d through something useful to get user by now, but im kinda stumped here. A nudge would be greatly appreciated

Im stupid. It really was something that i should have enumerated on my way to foothold. On my way to second user now

Rooted!

id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)```

Learned alot as this was just my third box, and Im looking forward to doing more. Took me forever to get it, but all the hints are here already.

Rooted finally!

please…please stop resetting.

Rooted. The initial foothold is by far the most frustrating part.

Thanks to @TazWake, happy to pay it forward if needed.

I’m kinda stuck, by reading here and with ms* i found a h**.b v*h but i cant access it from my browser, can someone give me a nudge?

Nvm, im stupid

Stuck in the sql injection… found some tables that seem intresting (u****_s*****) but the tool can’t dump data from it… is it normal?

Never mind… session had expired

Rooted. I’d never interacted with the service before. Definitely and interesting way to pivot. Name of the box matters.

Thank you @ASHacker for the box!

Feel free to DM for a nudge!