Magic

got root. Learned quite a bunch about s**d in this. I do have a question tho; the shell I got was not outputting anything whatsoever. I’m trying to understand why. My C is pretty limited and I was basically calling system to get my shell.

Got root. Easy box, but user part gives some new tools in my baggage.

got root! first box that I didn’t use any nudges!
super fun box, I’ve been wanting to use that foothold exploit for a while.
PM for nudges

I got root shell, but when i type a command, such as ls, there is no output?? anyone else had this or did i miss something

edit:

just sent myself the bash shell to my local and got it

good box, thanks!

after some time i finally got root. I have to say that reading this thread helped me a lot for root!

Rooted. Another fun box! PM if you need a nudge.

I understand how to root the box, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to want to play nice. Got user, understand the root vulnerability, but for some reason when I run insert something I would run nothing pops up on inserts elsewhere something would pop up on. Any advice? This is probably my weakest subject in terms of exploits/vulnerabilities so I need to do read up a little more. Maybe you can PM me to compare commands to make sure I have a grasp on things, or if someone is just messing the box up. Thanks!

rooted the machine. definitely learnt something new this time. thanks for the box @TRX ! feel free to dm me if you get stuck

@zgordon96 said:

I understand how to root the box, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to want to play nice. Got user, understand the root vulnerability, but for some reason when I run insert something I would run nothing pops up on inserts elsewhere something would pop up on. Any advice? This is probably my weakest subject in terms of exploits/vulnerabilities so I need to do read up a little more. Maybe you can PM me to compare commands to make sure I have a grasp on things, or if someone is just messing the box up. Thanks!

Happy to help if you are still stuck.

Type your comment> @Dark0 said:

rooted. Box easily but very fun. If you need a hint can ask me

Hey can you please give me a nudge on Root…
I used a popular Enumeration tool but I couldn’t just get it.
can I PM u?

Ah. finally got time to finish this off.

Learnt alot of this. Thanks alot to the creators.

PM me if you need a nudge.

Rooted Great Box! Thank you @lewd for the nudge on the root.
This is the first time posting here. Please correct me If something that is not allowed.
User: If you got stuck after uploading the file, Check how images are stored using a sample image.
Root: Finding “root” was a bit difficult (At least for me). But easy to exploit.
Any hint for Root here might be a Spoiler. So, PM if anyone needs a nudge.

Please for the love of everything, stop resetting.

anyone else get 404 99% of the time they try to execute RCE?

Rooted!

Root should have been quick for me, but the hints here were blowing right over my head. Thank you @TRX for this box!

Fun box. I’ve always heard about the priv esc method used for root but never actually seen it play out, haha. Great box!

Okay, after like 5 hours stuck at root, I’m conceding. I need a nudge. I’ve spied a couple of interesting things as user, but can’t make the connection, I guess. Help!

Finally managed to get the root flag, but couldn’t seem to get a full root shell. If anyone managed to get one, please DM me. I would love to learn how to do so.

@chaoskreator said:

Okay, after like 5 hours stuck at root, I’m conceding. I need a nudge. I’ve spied a couple of interesting things as user, but can’t make the connection, I guess. Help!

If you enumerate well you can find something running. Look at what it calls and change the road it uses.

@ricepancakes said:

Finally managed to get the root flag, but couldn’t seem to get a full root shell. If anyone managed to get one, please DM me. I would love to learn how to do so.

It massively depends on how you got the root flag. As far as I can see anyway you can get the flag could be modified to call a shell instead.