Official Blackfield Discussion

Hey guys, someone online that can help me with root?
EDIT: root
NVM

So… I just got finished with this box. What a box.
Loved every stage of it, except the part where I couldn’t read root.txt for maybe 2-3 hours.
No clue what happened there. Thought I was losing my mind.
protip: enum & more enum, then (ab)use

User flag - absolutely amazing good stuff, enumeration is key. Keen for root!!

Rooted xD

feel free to PM me!
answering ASAP :smiley:

Finally rooted, took way longer than i’d like to admit :smiley:
Thanks @derco0n & @Homesen for the nudges

Really fun box, path to admin was pretty straightforward but I got lost in finding the proper way to do it, kept hitting the same walls and then it finally made sense :slight_smile:

If I can help anyone, feel free to PM.

Looking forward to other boxes from @aas

Rooted. Learned some new things.

Happy to provide nudges to others, just let me know where you’re stuck and what you’ve tried.

Rooted …learned many things
Thanks to @Homesen and @r0kit for giving me nudges
feel free to PM

Phew ! Man, what a ride to root ! Kudos to the creator, and btw I had to switch from the EU VPN to the US VPN to get the correct root.txt hash.

Rooted! Finally!

User wasn’t too hard but root took me ages.

Great box, and my first active hard box.

Amazing box, some great windows boxes have come out had alot of fun on this one! :slight_smile: thanks heaps to @cyrusand for the nudge to root. Had the right idea but went down a rabbit hole and forgot where I was.

Cryptic hints:
user#: very basic exploit, done many times on previous boxes (always a classic and a personal favorite attack)
user#: Youre alot stronger than you think :stuck_out_tongue:
user#: see anything sensitive? Knowledge of OS internals help a lot here, I actually found this laying in bed looking at the ceiling and thought “wait a minute…”
root: Remember what sort of system youre dealing with. Enough googlefu and experimentation and eventually you’ll get it. Loved the approach!

Thank you box makers - Scrub the comment if it’s too much of a spoiler!

Rooted :slight_smile:

• user 1, very easy
  • user 2 without some help was very difficult (for me the hardest) because I don’t understand how to view the privileges!!
  • user 3 very funny and interesting part :slight_smile:
  • user 4 (root) need to pay attention on which and where you take the interesting file :smiley: :smiley: I spent lot of my time on wrong files

Like that machine

I got the first user and stuff from the SMB but not sure what to do with the files I got from SMB share. A little nudge would be appreciated. Thanks!

Type your comment> @minsidajedi said:

I got the first user and stuff from the SMB but not sure what to do with the files I got from SMB share. A little nudge would be appreciated. Thanks!

Which user you found? name?
What that user is used for in a company?
Which tools you can use at the moment and what can he dose with these tool?

If you need some more help (Discord: Atikin#3155)

Got creds for s*****t.
Lot’s of stuff
SMB as I already said but don’t know what I can do with the files I found in s****l share.

Don’t use discord

Got creds for s*****t.
Lot’s of stuff
SMB as I already said but don’t know what I can do with the files I found in s****l share.

Don’t use discord

For the file you found, it’s an xml? for the c-password? (no)
so that share it’s not so helpful

Which others tool you can use?

Type your comment> @At1k1n said:

Got creds for s*****t.
Lot’s of stuff

Don’t use discord

For the file you found, it’s an xml? for the c-password? (no)
so that share it’s not so helpful

Which others tool you can use?

I guess I got mislead because I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the next step was in the s****l share. I’ll check out the other shares.

Rooted. Amazing box, would definitely be my favourite Windows machine so far.

Feel free to PM for a hint if you’re stuck, I spent a lot of time trying to get a foothold.

Rooted this great box. I love the realistic boxes.

I had some problems with claiming the root flag. It’s really buggy for this machine. I noticed i kept getting the same flag after restarts and even after swithing to another VPN. A friend of mine got the same flag on yet another VIP… I had to switch to a public VPN server and it finally accepted the flag from that server…

Wow did I go around in circles getting root.

Was missing that vital file and only using hives to get the hashes at first.

Really helped brush up on Windows, great box. Would be a very easy box for those who are used to Windows boxes.

im lost yall i can access the admin directory and read files but i cant figure out how to get the flag nor the admin account access can i get a push here? im getting frustrated on this one.