Official Fuse Discussion

Anybody else getting a “result was WERR_INVALID_NAME”?

Rooted.

Thank you to @TazWake for unsticking me and to @egre55 for a cracking learning experience. On to the next one.

Can someone DM with a nudge on initial foothold. I’ll let you know what I have tried.

@danielcues said:

I got that many times, wasn’t sure if it’s intended or not though. Tried all of the related enum around there that I could find with no luck. Looking manually in the share instead.

Got stuck at the root part, I know how to elevate it but the problem is when executing EC.** it isn’t working . I even modified the EC.** to execute r*sl instead of C but not working . Any help would be much appreciated and feel free to DM me

Finally Rooted!

It was a good box with some twist, learned something new, thanks @egre55.

PM for the nudge!

Type your comment> @danielcues said:

I had the same issue, welcome to the club… Thanks for @SanderZ31 to helping me out :slight_smile:

Recompiling and installing an older version of samba didn’t help either.

Sorry to say that but this was the worst machine in my life.

The user part was no sense. Absolutely.
The root part was only about compiling, I compiled 300 times the “loader” and it hasn’t worked, even the precompiled binaries that you can find online aren’t working.
I got the binary from a friend after struggling for one day.

If you were able to compile the “loader” (NOT THE EXPLOIT) I will be really happy to know how. PM me pls.

The only thing that this machine is teaching is that Capcom is evil.

This machine is giving me a headache. Especially with VS2019 in the mix. All good, I get it, its best to compile source code on the intended system/architecture. I was able to compile ELD***.cpp, no problems. However, for compiling E****C*****.cpp, I downloaded the master branch and just opened the .sln file, modified correct portion for my rev shell. It compiled successfully and I have the resulting executable, but I am receiving CreateFile Failed. HITS HEAD AGAINST WALL Any ideas?

Just wanted to mention: for foothold, you may want to strip out some file-extensions from your wordlist…

@termtype your problem is in the ELD***.cpp compilation. I’m 99,9999% sure.

Type your comment> @davihack said:

@termtype your problem is in the ELD***.cpp compilation. I’m 99,9999% sure.

Yes sir, you’re correct. I was able to get SYSTEM finally.

root@kali:~# nc -nvlp 443
listening on [any] 443 …
connect to [10.10.14.29] from (UNKNOWN) [10.10.10.193] 52049
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\svc-print\Documents>whoami
whoami
nt authority\system

Got it!!! Much respect and props goes out to my fellow h4x0r’s: @bigFish43 , @r0kit, @hmadrwx, and @zer0bubble. w00t!

Please feel free to hit me up for hints/nudges. w00t!

@Taylur Pm me if you are still stuck.

Type your comment> @termtype said:

This machine is giving me a headache. Especially with VS2019 in the mix. All good, I get it, its best to compile source code on the intended system/architecture. I was able to compile ELD***.cpp, no problems. However, for compiling E****C*****.cpp, I downloaded the master branch and just opened the .sln file, modified correct portion for my rev shell. It compiled successfully and I have the resulting executable, but I am receiving CreateFile Failed. HITS HEAD AGAINST WALL Any ideas?

Have the same issues!!! Any help would be much appreciated

Type your comment> @Starksparrow said:

Type your comment> @termtype said:

Have the same issues!!! Any help would be much appreciated

Basically, in a nutshell, one of the key things that was vital for me to get my code to compile in VS2019 was downloading the Desktop Development with C++ - Install C and C++ support in Visual Studio | Microsoft Learn

This should at least help you get started on correctly compiling your source code.

Type your comment> @MTOTH said:

I had the same issue, welcome to the club… Thanks for @SanderZ31 to helping me out :slight_smile:

@metuldann
Told me that the rpcclient bug is probably due to using a hostname instead of ip to connect. (bug in rpcclient).

Type your comment> @SanderZ31 said:

Type your comment> @MTOTH said:

@metuldann
Told me that the rpcclient bug is probably due to using a hostname instead of ip to connect. (bug in rpcclient).

Confirmed, using the IP address instead of hostname has resolved my issue!

Nudge on initial would be appreciated, thanks!

Update: Thanks @SanderZ31 and @davihack for the nudge. Now for root although I’m not excited after reading the comments.

Rooted, @SanderZ31 for the win. I really struggled with compiling, but learned a few things along the way.

Got user, if anyone needs help with the initial foothold feel free to DM.