Magic

Could anyone drop me a nudge for root?
I have been monitoring processes but it just showing the zoneinfo thing.
Also have tried to exploit the suid bin s*****o.

Type your comment> @3xxu5 said:

Any advice on getting a shell? Got RCE but haven’t been able to establish a shell. Tried a php one liner, python, /bin/sh etc. Listed the whole file system & saw an interesting .p**5 doc but is empty when accessing via url.

try going full on pure php, and for running the commands with the rce i would recommend using burp, easier to track the commands and if something drops you have the repeater to get it back fast

love the fact my badge keeps my last photo

how to get reverse connect.when i use python3 script then i’m always connect with local host.

got root. Learned quite a bunch about s**d in this. I do have a question tho; the shell I got was not outputting anything whatsoever. I’m trying to understand why. My C is pretty limited and I was basically calling system to get my shell.

Got root. Easy box, but user part gives some new tools in my baggage.

got root! first box that I didn’t use any nudges!
super fun box, I’ve been wanting to use that foothold exploit for a while.
PM for nudges

I got root shell, but when i type a command, such as ls, there is no output?? anyone else had this or did i miss something

edit:

just sent myself the bash shell to my local and got it

good box, thanks!

after some time i finally got root. I have to say that reading this thread helped me a lot for root!

Rooted. Another fun box! PM if you need a nudge.

I understand how to root the box, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to want to play nice. Got user, understand the root vulnerability, but for some reason when I run insert something I would run nothing pops up on inserts elsewhere something would pop up on. Any advice? This is probably my weakest subject in terms of exploits/vulnerabilities so I need to do read up a little more. Maybe you can PM me to compare commands to make sure I have a grasp on things, or if someone is just messing the box up. Thanks!

rooted the machine. definitely learnt something new this time. thanks for the box @TRX ! feel free to dm me if you get stuck

@zgordon96 said:

I understand how to root the box, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to want to play nice. Got user, understand the root vulnerability, but for some reason when I run insert something I would run nothing pops up on inserts elsewhere something would pop up on. Any advice? This is probably my weakest subject in terms of exploits/vulnerabilities so I need to do read up a little more. Maybe you can PM me to compare commands to make sure I have a grasp on things, or if someone is just messing the box up. Thanks!

Happy to help if you are still stuck.

Type your comment> @Dark0 said:

rooted. Box easily but very fun. If you need a hint can ask me

Hey can you please give me a nudge on Root…
I used a popular Enumeration tool but I couldn’t just get it.
can I PM u?

Ah. finally got time to finish this off.

Learnt alot of this. Thanks alot to the creators.

PM me if you need a nudge.

Rooted Great Box! Thank you @lewd for the nudge on the root.
This is the first time posting here. Please correct me If something that is not allowed.
User: If you got stuck after uploading the file, Check how images are stored using a sample image.
Root: Finding “root” was a bit difficult (At least for me). But easy to exploit.
Any hint for Root here might be a Spoiler. So, PM if anyone needs a nudge.

Please for the love of everything, stop resetting.

anyone else get 404 99% of the time they try to execute RCE?

Rooted!

Root should have been quick for me, but the hints here were blowing right over my head. Thank you @TRX for this box!

Fun box. I’ve always heard about the priv esc method used for root but never actually seen it play out, haha. Great box!