Official RopeTwo Discussion

Official discussion thread for RopeTwo. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

no response…

Not reachable…

the list page has it as 10.10.10.195… the actual machine page (that has all the graphs)

that address shows it at 10.10.10.196 … responsive for me

address is 196, not 195

WOW

well thanks fellas i appriciatte that update

Found an exploit but it seems like a rabbit hole…

Man new releases are usually solved by now, nobody’s gotten user yet??

An interesting box) I found a couple of interesting ones, but apparently it’s a rabbit hole

Found the repo, not sure if this is a rabbit hole though…

It’s too easy for me to try to solve it

I am fascinated that there are still no user bloods. I am going to take that as a sign I should avoid it for months

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

I am fascinated that there are still no user bloods. I am going to take that as a sign I should avoid it for months

This statement scares me – especially from someone with 36x more points than I have!

@ricm916 said:

This statement scares me – especially from someone with 36x more points than I have!

I’ve been lucky :smile: - I really suck at binary exploitation!

@TazWake said:

@ricm916 said:

I’ve been lucky :smile: - I really suck at binary exploitation!

And this machine is taking binexp to a whole new level :smiley:
The initial vulnerability can be spotted easily, but now I have to read quite a lot how to actually exploit that “technology” O.o

I have the vague picture of what I need to do, but man there’s going to be a lot of blog reading if I want to get anywhere here.

HAHAHAHA funny comment xD

Ahahahahahah!!! ? ? ?

Are we sure the download needs to be bin exploited?
Has anyone done a bindiff between the download and the ropetwo download?