Python pty.spawn not working

Type your comment> @zaicurity said:

I’ve had trouble with msf PHP shells before where I couldn’t run certain interactive commands. I try to stay away from them when I can. It’s been a while though since I’ve seen this.
You could try getting a shell through another method (e.g. a simple php webshell and then running a reverse shell one-liner as the command).

Maybe because I don’t know it well enough, but I never understood the fuss of metasploit: it’s confusing that it’s like a shell but not really and if you get used to it: on any half decent windows machine the av will pick it up and throw you out.
Never even thought of using it. I just don’t like to use stuff that I don’t know what it’s doing exactly… The benefits I know of don’t compare to all the downsides I experienced with it.

That being said: @6uta, you generated a meter prefer payload, and you try to upgrade that session to one with auto complete. That it?

Not sure if meterprefer can. My suggestion would be to stay away from meter prefer sessions whenever you have a choice.