Cascade

Type your comment> @BINtendo said:

Always happy to help. I also need help at times and it solidify the new tricks learned

Plus, anyone ever crunch numbers; world population to users on this site. Then users on this site to number of box completions…we’re a rare breed. Gotta stick together.

Absolutely agree, we are minorities so must stay together!!! :wink:

It took me 4 days… But finally I rooted it…

@VbScrub This box is awesome, you rock! It was a fun box! Thank you for creating this box, can’t wait for your future box.

Good box! Thanks @VbScrub

I think my favorite thing about this box is how much of the information you may discover early on is relevant to you later. Things I discovered and learned during the Foothold phase became quite useful during the Root phase.
Also learned a lot of good stuff. Thanks @VbScrub!

t> @rub1ks said:

I think my favorite thing about this box is how much of the information you may discover early on is relevant to you later. Things I discovered and learned during the Foothold phase became quite useful during the Root phase.
Also learned a lot of good stuff. Thanks @VbScrub!

That was the idea so I’m glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Heard good things about this box, planning to get started on it as soon as I get up.
Gonna have a lil’ preliminary read of some of the stuff in this thread while I have a coffee.

Edit: Got user about 10 minutes ago. Enjoying this thoroughly. I don’t get a lot of experience with Windows so I’m appreciating this, especially the enumeration.

EditEdit: Rooted. Nice box. Documentation & notes were best friend. This box also got my lazy *** to get around to setting up a VM, so there’s that.

Thank for the box.

Finally rooted the box… Thank you @kcaaj for nudges where I couldn’t see things lying in front of me. Great box @VbScrub , everything was quite relatable.

Rooted.

It’s all about enumeration from a to z. I can’t say I enjoyed it but learned a couple of things.

Cracking stuff @VbScrub, forcing me out of my comfort zone once again with a realistic scenario and a very nice flowing box. I hate attacking Windows boxes, but enjoyed Nest and thoroughly enjoyed this too.

Thanks.

Rooted. Looking back this box has a beautiful symmetry to it, but it was definitely a challenge for me. Thank you @VbScrub for a challenging and fulfilling box. The RE portion was brilliant!

There’s a lot of great comments in the thread that will help you in finding your way. My only advice would be to ensure that the comment is actually addressing what phase you’re on in the box. There’s obviously a chain of users and it’s really easy to start down a rabbit hole if you misinterpret the comment.

Feel free to PM if you need a nudge.

Liked this one. First box without a nudge.

Rooted, This is was a amazing box and learned a lot about enumeration.
PM if you need help

Great box, thanks @VbScrub
I wonder why we can’t get that interesting stuff with the np script : l*-s***h ?

Finally rooted! Nice box, learned a lot. Even though i still don’t know how to reverse CA*.**e to find 3rd user pwd. If some can explain would be great. Thanks to @VbScrub good job!

I got it! rooted! :slight_smile: Thanks for hints :slight_smile:

Is there any tools to reverse C*******.e?
Or the A***** user is no need to reverse to get key?
I put on ID**** and there is nothing

Well after some initial frustration, I really enjoyed this box. It is the first Medium box I’ve tried, and happy to say I managed to get root mostly without help. After finding the user list with relative ease, I got stuck finding the creds for the initial foothold and had to look here for some pointers - as usual the answer turned out to be “look closer/harder”. I tend to get lazy/impatient when there is a lot of data to sift through and the answer doesn’t leap out at me immediately.

Once I got the initial creds I felt the rest was pretty intuitive. Thought I had cracked it once I found the A****.** file, but as soon as the usual decoding didnt work I knew the real challenge was still to come. I think figuring out the solution to that bit was the most fun for me, or at least the most satisfying! Stumbled a bit right at the end finding the admin pw but again the answer was right there if you remembered what to look for.

@mikumiku2468 said:
Is there any tools to reverse C*******.e?
Or the A***** user is no need to reverse to get key?
I put on ID**** and there is nothing

Standard windows dev tools should work

Rooted! What a sweet box. Learnt so much along the journey. Took me a while to get find foothold because I was using loads of automated tools. Then followed advice to stick to manual enumeration and lots of it.
Thanks to @VbScrub for an excellent learning experience.
Feel free to PM me for nudges.