Official Tabby Discussion

Got a low priv shell, but no attack vectors for user…

Type your comment> @Rocketeer said:

Got a low priv shell, but no attack vectors for user…
same here I have shell but nothing further

need hint for privs

got user i need hints with root

can anyone give a hint on foothold , The only lead I have is the service running on respective port. I tried looking for xml , but I couldnt succeed .

For everybody struggling finding that file.
All I’ll say is, Google, and a certain package maintainer. That should be more than enough.

rooted :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @xer0n said:

rooted :slight_smile:

I’ve been around and around trying to get up from user… any nudge would be appreciated.

rooted, nice easy box.
foothold: you should find your way quite easily, remember what you found on the higher port and if it doesn’t work, try recreate box condition.
user: sometimes we need to remember where we are from.
root: really fun part, check who you are and some google search will give you the way

pm for nudge
sorry if i spoiled i tried to stay as enigmatic as i can

Just started on this…found an e**l page?
Is this part of the box or someone else?

Much bumbling at the moment :frowning:

Type your comment> @ferreirasc said:

The foothold is completely clueless. I know there is “some sense” behind it … but this is another one of those CTF-style steps. I don’t mean that this is all bad, it all depends on what you are looking for when solving a box. For me … this was not “real life” at all.

At first I agreed with this, since it felt like it was wasting my time since the startup files point at completely different locations for the key files you need to progress. It felt like adding red herrings. However if you check the package you’re looking for it’s clear where you need to look.

The privesc was neat and I ended up using a technique I hadn’t tried before, so that was nice.

rooted :slight_smile: it was pretty obvious once you knew what to do.

a big hint for foothold: i simply used a local installation of the app in the high port which helped me finding stuff way easier. i was really annoyed once i found out what i did wrong all the time…

user: go back where u started

root: pretty obvious, doesn’t need any help i guess :smiley:

good luck!

rooted. This is also a good box for OSCP learning

for people stuck on the foothold, good enumeration is key. there are two ways that you can find what you’re looking for, one of the ways is using information that’s provided on the box itself, and a little googling. another is trying something locally.

there’s no “CTF” aspect on this box at all and no guessing required, although it may seem this way if you don’t enumerate :wink:

stuck on foothold. need a hint

Type your comment> @Sup3rUs3r said:

Can anyone help me with t*t, h-m*****r. How to exploit this. I found credits. Maybe some script? Any hints?

Go back a little bit. Read all information very carefully & thoroughly, don’t be hasty.
Do not disregard anything you might think useless or disadvantageous. The answer is in front of you.

Finally rooted!
Thanks @egre55 for the machine.
If anyone need a nudge, PM :slight_smile:

stuck at lx* part for root
getting error
Error: open *******.tar.gz: no such file or directory
any hints

Rooted! Straightforward box, just need to enumerate a bit more for foothold.

Type your comment> @liquidrage said:

stuck at lx* part for root
getting error
Error: open *******.tar.gz: no such file or directory
any hints

It doesnt like the format of a file within