Official Fuse Discussion

Who’s stack at some points feel free to ask :slight_smile: no solution given

Anybody can suggest any other option for linux except Visual Studio?

Finally rooted, wow…

Thanks to @6h4ack for the help.

Rooted!!!
Really fun box. Enjoyed every step.

PM for nudges!

Hey guys how did u overcome the usual multiple users change the same thing :slight_smile: .Because it is not possible to reset the box and hope it will work .Someone may already changed what u ar trying to achieve ?

It changed back automatically.

@SanderZ31 i pm you …

Type your comment

Rooted!!!
Pay attention to all the details to obtain users and passwords.
Root is more direct. VS2019 works well.
Very good box.

@Rocketeer said:
I truly think that this box is absolutely useless for people that don’t have a windows box for the compiling part, literally wasted the whole day trying to figure out how to do it on linux, but still wasn’t able to do anything…Completely useless machine…

I disagree. Not a useless machine at all. Learned quite a bit along the way. Coming from developing on Linux almost exclusively before now, I tried for a bit to get it to work on Linux too. But the experience of learning how to build some thing with VS was very meaningful. Hopefully this method will come in handy again!

Also, Azure (at least had) a generous trial offer going…

Probably a way to get it done for free in there somewhere.

Love this box, thank you again @egre55!!!

Type your comment> @algernope said:

@Rocketeer said:
I truly think that this box is absolutely useless for people that don’t have a windows box for the compiling part, literally wasted the whole day trying to figure out how to do it on linux, but still wasn’t able to do anything…Completely useless machine…

I disagree. Not a useless machine at all. Learned quite a bit along the way. Coming from developing on Linux almost exclusively before now, I tried for a bit to get it to work on Linux too. But the experience of learning how to build some thing with VS was very meaningful. Hopefully this method will come in handy again!

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free

Using Visual Studio on an Azure Virtual Machine | Microsoft Learn

Okay, but what will you say to people that don’t have a windows machine or simply don’t have the required space?

@Rocketeer said:
Type your comment> @algernope said:

@Rocketeer said:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free

Using Visual Studio on an Azure Virtual Machine | Microsoft Learn

Okay, but what will you say to people that don’t have a windows machine or simply don’t have the required space?

Azure is “in the cloud”, there’s a ($200) free trial right here to be had… and instructions on how.

I genuinely have no idea where these usernames or creds are and I’ve enumerated this box every different way I know how, including automated tools that throw a dozen different methods at it.

I am totally lost. I could use a nudge in the right direction if anyone would be so kind. I’ve spent days on this and appear to be no closer.

It’s a great challenge, I dig it… but now I am just spinning my wheels without traction.

-=UPDATE=-

Got my enumeration right. Thanks Bato! Respect given.

(Sometimes it’s just right under my nose, just needed the smallest of a push to get it right. I am pretty sure I can get user soon!).

I am in a similar place, enumerating a lot but not finding the creds. A nudge would be appreciated.

if anyone is around and can send me a push on what to do after figuring out connecting i would appreciate it

Edit: got what i was looking for thanks all

Got the user, can’t submit the password hash. It’s been six hours still displaying the same error : wrong hash!!! Can anybody help?:neutral:

@godsky said:

Got the user, can’t submit the password hash. It’s been six hours still displaying the same error : wrong hash!!! Can anybody help?:neutral:

Did you try resetting the machine? Did you get a different hash, then? If not, reset the machine, watch the Soutbox to make sure that no one interrupted the reset, and then wait a few minutes, before reading the `user.txt, again. Should it still show the same hash, try switching VPN regions.

But most importantly, contact HTB’s support via their JIRA: Jira Service Management

Have user. Issues progressing from there. I can see a t*** dir and r*****.t** file which is a hint, and understand there may be a s*******. Would appreciate a nudge :slight_smile:

Rooted! ^^

My tips:

• Initial Foothold:

I didn’t particularly like this step very much. Anyway…

Perhaps that famous wordlist will not work here. Try to be creative =). Also, pay attention on those failed/success status. Did you notice anything different? Investigate how to take advantage.

• User:

Did you notice a different stuff$ in that service? Enumerate!

• Root:

I really loved it. Basic enumeration will tell you something unusual. Search on Google how to exploit it. It is pretty straightforward.

Spoiler? Feel free to delete it =D

IMHO, this box didn’t get the fair rating, it should have got the rating “hard”. For me it was harder than Blackfield because it was a straight forward machine. But, Fuse is NOT.
I believe, if the machine requires a custom exploit or some lines of coding, that should consider as “hard machine”. Thank you @egre55 for the great fun filled ride .