Official Blackfield Discussion

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@galactizoid said:

Type your comment> @UrfinJuice said:

the hash from root.txt is not accepted on HTB. wtf?

I’m having the same error, anyone else?

It’s worth raising a Jira ticket for this. If HTB don’t know the dynamic hashes have a problem, they don’t know to fix it.

just look back in this thread as well as the other boxes from may and june… many of us had to reset a box just to get user or root flags to turn in. Appreciate the reason for dynamic flags (though there are many arguments to be had that it is pointless as well)

@zer0bubble said:

just look back in this thread as well as the other boxes from may and june… many of us had to reset a box just to get user or root flags to turn in. Appreciate the reason for dynamic flags (though there are many arguments to be had that it is pointless as well)

Totally agree. However, if people are just mentioning it in threads and resetting the box until it works, HTB won’t know there is a problem. I’ve never had a hurdle submitting a flag but if anyone does, they really do need to raise a ticket.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@zer0bubble said:

Totally agree. However, if people are just mentioning it in threads and resetting the box until it works, HTB won’t know there is a problem. I’ve never had a hurdle submitting a flag but if anyone does, they really do need to raise a ticket.

i don’t think they are ready for that… i had to do it for blackfield both flags, root flag for blunder, and user flag for fuse… 4 out of 6 flags for past 3 weeks…

@zer0bubble said:

i don’t think they are ready for that… i had to do it for blackfield both flags, root flag for blunder, and user flag for fuse… 4 out of 6 flags for past 3 weeks…

That sucks, I don’t envy you having to go through that.

However, just to reiterate, it won’t get fixed because no one responsible for it realises it is a problem. If they get inundated with tickets showing what isn’t working they will know something has to be done.

From what I can gather, HTB is quite quick at responding to tickets.

Could use a nudge on second user enumerated with rpc and found interesting privs for su… user but don’t know how to use them atm :confused:

– Done

anyone else having issues submitting the root flag. tried resetting the machine but same issue?

@wooly13 said:

anyone else having issues submitting the root flag. tried resetting the machine but same issue?

Scroll up a few questions to see the last round of discussion on this.

Rooted !

Pretty cool box, PM if needed :slight_smile:

hi, did someone manage to get the tool w___e__c.py to work with the generated .cc___e file ? I managed to login differently but would like to know how this can be achieved with this tool I do get this strange error message: [-] SMB SessionError: STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED({Still Busy} The specified I/O request packet (IRP) cannot be disposed of because the I/O operation is not complete.). Send me a PM if you know how to get this working … thanks

Rooted, flag is not working, resetted several times… Is this still part of the Machine? :smiley:

@Tecn0mancer said:

Rooted, flag is not working, resetted several times… Is this still part of the Machine? :smiley:

No, it’s not part of the challenge. I’d suggest filing a ticket, so that HTB gets aware of how broken the dynamic flags sometimes are: HTB Support on JIRA - News - Hack The Box :: Forums

rooted. really fun and realistic box. thanks to the creator @aas

Very nice box. There are hints enough to keep you motivated, and no (deep) rabbit holes IMHO.

Could not submit my root flag even after a couple of resets. After switching VPN servers it worked, though.

Rooted. Thanks for your great box @aas :wink: One of my favorites with Sauna. And no problem to submit the flag.

Small hint for the last part: using disk***m.e was not easy with the script file for me (/s) and evi*-w**** tool. But I added a sign « # » at the end of each line and it did the trick.

Thanks to @MrClark and @EvilT0r13 for your help ?

Great box! Very well done @aas
There are enough hints here and some docs/blog online - read.

If you need more help you can pm me kindly with your tries.

Root! Superb windows box, learned new things from this one.

Finally rooted! Thanks @aas for this challenging learning experience! The last part was a little bit weird. I had to add some white spaces in each line to the end of my script to make it work. If someone knows why, a DM is appreciated.

I can’t add any hints without spoiling. Here are a lot very useful hints already! Nevertheless, if you struggle, feel free to DM.

Rooted. Thanks to @tazwake and @returnz for the view expanding nudges. Cool machine, thanks @aas for such journey.

Is anyone able to give me a nudge for user please?
I see s*t has some nice privileges but I’m unsure how/if I can use those with S or R to get a*2

Type your comment> @d3spis3d said:

Is anyone able to give me a nudge for user please?
I see s*t has some nice privileges but I’m unsure how/if I can use those with S or R to get a*2

That’s the way. You can use one of the tools you mentioned to go further.