Illumination

Having ZERO experience with this particular platform I provide the following…

Hint:

1. Are you sure you see EVERYTHING from the zip?
  2. Based on what you found from step 1, perhaps there is a particular way of reading files besides “cat”.

Easy, don’t think too much about insides, learn how the platform works and just read it.

phew … finally got it. Don’t know for how long I was starring at the code … but thanks to the hints here I finally looked at ALL files in the zip and saw that I willl have to use a very different framework to solve this :smiley:
I think Forensic is the correct category for this challange

im so confused i dont understand this im so bad can someone give me a tip/hint

New to HTB today, I have found ALL the files but need some advise from there. Thanks

Fun one. Know the tool that is used for source control and its capabilities :slight_smile:

I got a secret starting with HTB but it seems to be an incorrect flag.

Cool. Used one of @TomNomNom’s one liners.

Can somebody give me a hint? I already found the files

@MrFlash24 you have the files? Great. Do you recognise the platform?

Read up about it and its CLI commands. It’s going to benefit you.

After you start reading it will become apparent - you’re a single command away from the solution.

Interesting but not high quality, anyway it will give you some reminder when you develop some software :slight_smile:

PS: WINDOWS is ■■■■

piece of cake if you already know the tool, very easy if it’s the first time that you hear about it.
You need just couple of command…
Nothing else is needed

Honestly I probably had way more trouble doing this challenge than I should have just because I was adamant on doing it on Windows, but the tips here put me on the right track

There is a really useful tool for this kind of challenge, I won’t post it here as it’d be a spoiler but DM me if you’d like to know

Took me a fair amount of time, but by reading helpful posts in this forum and reading up on some cli commands, I finally found it.
Good luck and DM me if you need more hints. =)

Ok this is driving me crazy. I read both files downloaded. Then I started reading the *** API documentation. I am stuck. Any help is much appreciated!

Well that sucked big @$$. I finally got it. The forum sort of pointed me in the right direction. CLI!!

ah ■■■■ it’s that sweet & smooth. just follow your intuition. I myself got hanged because I didn’t read anything and went straight to trying to crack the zip because I thought it was part of the challenge.

Hint: you get excited developing an app, you try to make it easy to get in and security is the last thing on your mind. So you just salt the “base” and continue building your project.

Im absolutely stuck in this challenge. Any hint would be welcome. Cheers

First challenge back in awhile. Good cheeky little solve. Thanks!