Official Blackfield Discussion

Type your comment> @SecurGuard said:

Can someone please give me a nudge on how to get the cat to work. Stuck on getting it to work.

I always run my cat on Windows, because cat loves windows.

I just owned the box (logged in as Administrator), but once I want to submit the flag from root.txt it says: Incorrect flag

Any help?

Type your comment> @DrinkACoffee said:

I just owned the box (logged in as Administrator), but once I want to submit the flag from root.txt it says: Incorrect flag

Any help?

Reset the box

Type your comment> @ellj said:

Any help?

Reset the box

Done that. Doesn’t work.

(Quote)
Done that. Doesn’t work.

Yes, that issue sometime sucks. Wait for sometime after reset and submit your flag. It may work.

Any help?

Reset the box

@gunroot said:

(Quote)
Done that. Doesn’t work.

Yes, that issue sometime sucks. Wait for sometime after reset and submit your flag. It may work.

You both were right, working now. Thanks :smile:

Thanks @MrClark and @EvilT0r13 !!! I got the flag!!! Nice box, I learned a lot!!!

finally managed to get user, now onto Root. Thanks to @EvilT0r13 for the help.

Spoiler Removed

i got au**20 user, but i cant found how can use it. i read a lot of AD infomation, it’s rabbit hole ?

Type your comment> @shaoyongyang said:

i got au**20 user, but i cant found how can use it. i read a lot of AD infomation, it’s rabbit hole ?

Not a rabbithole. It’s the foothold. You can’t pwn it just by reading.
PM, if you need more cryptic nudges.

Hey, I am stuck at as******st format of three-headed-dog ,and trying to crack via cat and john, but it always shows exhausted. Am I not using right wordlist or I am not on the right path. Hint please

root is frustrating

actually i have been trying to privilege escalation in two different method

and iam aware for the unique privilege i have on the account
SeBe
SeR
e

1 trying to edit the G******.inf but it didn’t work
2. trying to mess with the N***.dit file (but how could i copy it ?? )

any help would be appreciated. (dm in private)

thx in advance .

Type your comment> @noobdi said:

Hey, I am stuck at as******st format of three-headed-dog ,and trying to crack via cat and john, but it always shows exhausted. Am I not using right wordlist or I am not on the right path. Hint please

John can ‘rock u’ it in 2-3 mins I think.

Getting root.txt in this box was one of the most exciting experiences up to now here on HTB.
user1: as always, a good enumeration is the key for everything, then you can abuse of Hagrid’s Fluffy…
user2: funny things may occur when you have tiny powers.
user3: enumerate thoroughly, deep dive in what you get then see if you can do something with THAT OTHER file. oh, and BTW: thx @aas for the funny gem…i laughed a lot when i discovered it. I was already pretty sure it was not the right one, but me too, i tried it!
root: much to learn here. you can crack in it, but eventually you’ll have to do it using different tools.

Got the s*****t user’s creds and some stuff from a S*L share…but now sure where to go from here. Thinking I need to do more than strings the Pcies files

Type your comment> @Scarleton said:

Got the s*****t user’s creds and some stuff from a S*L share…but now sure where to go from here. Thinking I need to do more than strings the Pcies files

Go back and look at some of the replies to people who got stuck where you are. Consider things that your account might be able to do based on it’s name.

Rooted!!!
User is easy, but the Root is difficult, at-least for me. Learnt a lot of new things while getting the root. Overall a good experience. Thanks to @gunroot for providing me the right path.

PM for any hints.

Finally rooted :slight_smile:
Big thank you to @EvilT0r13 for your nudges on this.
I was messing around in the wrong directory for a while to obtain a certain file sigh lol.

Fun box, learned a lot from this.

Great work @aas for making this.

spent 5 days. finally i got user.txt. i think the machine to me is not friendly. sadly.