[FORTRESS] Akerva

Comments

• medium-hard like box. rooted and it was super fun :smiley:

• Late to the party, I believe. It was a good ride, not that hard challenge. I wasted a lot of time in the decoding part understanding how I supposed to crack.

• edited June 2020

Any nudge/pm on the now you see me flag? been in it for days
    Edit: Yyup, got it.. thanks @nav1n for stating out the obvious

• Finally rooted :)
    If anyone need a nudge, PM

• Rooted my first fortress, rly fun experience! You may always PM for nudges :smile:

• edited June 2020

Wow - I'm loving this fortress. Upto fuzzing it's awesome. ;) Hope to go more. First fortress
    @FreeVirus Thanks for remembering that I was using some awkward form of username in the .py script. Lol I was laughed out to burst when I realize what I typed! :open_mouth:

A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

• that guy on 10.13.14.13, stop sending shit to the machine, you are just killing it for everyone. All I could see is constant requests, unless you are DDOS'ing it on purpose ?

• still doing it, can't believe this.

• Type your comment> @idevilkz said:

still doing it, can't believe this.

Probably he is just running a gobuster session, or something similar.
    You can just filter out the stderr output when opening a shell, then try to open another reverse shell using nc/socat/...

This should do the trick to get a clean output ;)

mrnfrancesco

• looks like he was. I managed to clear it. got last flag left, will tackle on later.

• edited June 2020

Could someone that got the 5th flag replicate, I'm struggling to get the P** code accepted. Private and public bits already modified.

Hack The Box

• edited June 2020

Hi everybody!

A nudge on the last flag, please? The crypt is not trivial...

Ah btw, was the 7th flag supposed to be that easy? I found a command that did the magic, was it left behind by someone else?

Thanks!

• Type your comment> @cyberafro said:

Could someone that got the 5th flag replicate, I'm struggling to get the P** code accepted. Private and public bits already modified.

I tried three different versions of python and got three different results....one of them worked correctly

• I just owned my first fortress! It was a thrilling ride. Getting P** for the con***e took some time quite. But it's easy when we concentrate on "TAB" name. The final flag part is quite interesting.
    My hint for last flag : Analyse the Cipher type and then proceed. When a baby start to learn about Alphabets, he may miss some letters. Hope this one will not be considered as Spoiler. If so, kindly report it.
    PM for little bit nuggets. ;)

A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

• Type your comment> @daemonzone said:

Type your comment> @cyberafro said:

I tried three different versions of python and got three different results....one of them worked correctly

Thanks, @gunroot also pointed me in the right direction,

Hack The Box

• What a journey it was capturing all flags, rooted the machine..!!

• edited July 2020

I'm Stuck at OpenBook flag. Can anyone give me a nudge?

EDIT: Done with OpenBook. Thanks @FreeVirus

• edited July 2020

been trying to get the last two flags for an hour now, in that time it has been reset 2 times. what is wrong with you guys

If any knows how to filter this shell to not show all the requests please DM me

• edited July 2020

is second flag (look around) about some udp ports ?

Hack The Box

You can pm me on discord sh4d0wless#6154

• Type your comment> @sh4d0wless said:

is second flag (look around) about some udp ports ?

Give a try.

• Even I'm also into second flag, enumerating again again but no success.

Could anyone help me?

• Type your comment> @bharathacker said:

Even I'm also into second flag, enumerating again again but no success.

Could anyone help me?

The things in this form makes enough hints for the second flag. Run wisely.

• Done with the fortress. Had fun going through it. PM for hints.

• I'm just getting the 5th flag, be careful with the path in the the Py*** script to the 'app'... Py*** version is important yes, but extension too!! There are different file types...

Thanks @nav1n for your help!

Fr0Ggi3sOnTour

• thanks a lot @choupit0 for this advice

Hack The Box

You can pm me on discord sh4d0wless#6154

• edited July 2020

Finding the last flag is hard 😅 please, someone can help me? I think I found the right ciph** type and the right length of the key (10) but not sure how to decode it... I tried different sites without success.

Update: I have the right length and the right ciph** now but I’m not sure about the alphabetical letters to use....

Update2: Got it!! And I found it!! :) hint: search "Letters frequency Analysis Tool", it could help you (a lot!) and playing with frequencies

Fr0Ggi3sOnTour

• edited July 2020

Completed this fortress. Personally i think some challenges are somehow similar to the boxes I did. Good to re-visit my old notes again. I'm available for nudges, if you need. :)

• Type your comment> @cyberafro said:

Same situation here, keep getting wrong pin and I'm sure I've modified everything that needs to be changed. a pm would be much appreciated

• Type your comment> @Phase0 said:

Same situation here, keep getting wrong pin and I'm sure I've modified everything that needs to be changed. a pm would be much appreciated

Get the parameters again and re-exploit.

• Type your comment> @Karthik0x00 said:

Type your comment> @Phase0 said:

Get the parameters again and re-exploit.

mind if I PM you to verify the params? Tried getting them again but no luck

Sign In to comment.