Official Blackfield Discussion

Stuck for root. I would appreciate a nudge… I can guess the last part, but cant find if we have to privesc before being able to exploit it, or if we should be able to exploit it with our actual user… Of if some are stuck at the same place and want to share idea!

Thx!

Edit: Rooted, I was overcomplicating a lot… trying to take a shortcut… Cool box!

Got user! Kudos to @TheT3rminat0r for tips!

great. staring at a user.txt yet it says it is not the right flag. Dynamic flags, great to prevent sharing, frustrating that sometimes the box needs to be reset just so you can claim…

Edit: so i thought it was becauae the box was jacked up… so i reset the box, reset my machine. now i can’t connect to it at all :frowning: GAAAAH 1 step forward 3 steps backwards!

I had this user flag issue but reset the box and got my flag successfully, Now to move on and tackle root.

Edit: Rooted! Had to reset the box and get a fresh root flag as I experienced the incorrect flag error on both my flags.

Spoiler Removed

interesting box.
so far I have found list of users > @gverre said:

Stuck for root. I would appreciate a nudge… I can guess the last part, but cant find if we have to privesc before being able to exploit it, or if we should be able to exploit it with our actual user… Of if some are stuck at the same place and want to share idea!

Thx!

EDIT: There is a lot more “taker” than “giver” in this forum…

For 70 nudge request, i got 0 nudge offer! :slight_smile:

that is true

Type your comment> @idevilkz said:

interesting box.

Thx!

that is true

THIS!

BTW, danggggg. Great box !

Got a cred and trying to figure out what I can do with it.

Maybe I’ll have to go to a Windows machine lol … (pywerview and bloodhound.py is a little bit limited D: )

EDIT: Nvm… bloodhound.py did the job. My bad. =)

Type your comment> @zer0bubble said:

Type your comment> @idevilkz said:

interesting box.

Thx!

that is true

THIS!

???

I got 3 users and a password which I cracked but don’t know where to use them :slight_smile:

Going through the — shares of the first user with no luck!
Any nudges for the second user please?

EDIT : got a free user. That makes it two lol

rooted. Thanks @gverre and @TheT3rminat0r for user nudges.
very fun and educational.

Spoiler Removed

I’m very sorry. Wasn’t aware I gave away too much. My apologies.

Rooted! Nice box! :slight_smile:

My tips:

Foothold: Basic enumeration. Having discovered “those directories”, search for attacks related to that gigantic, three-headed dog :smile:
User: What file would be useful in a conventional Windows host exploitation?
Root: Who are you?

If the flag is not working… yes, reset the box. There is no “fake” flag or something like that. o/

or change the VPN server. works for me :smiley: nudge for root pls :slight_smile:

stuck on last step…
managed to get the admin hash… but cant login?

Type your comment> @Wrebra said:

Got creds for s*****t account, have done extra enum with it, but nothing usable came out of it yet. Probably overlooking something, again…
Nice box :wink:
I’m off to bed now. God luck to you!

I’m stucked here too. I tried connecting to the shares (with this creds) but nothing useful info.

@fvalle said:
Type your comment> @Wrebra said:

Got creds for s*****t account, have done extra enum with it, but nothing usable came out of it yet. Probably overlooking something, again…
Nice box :wink:
I’m off to bed now. God luck to you!

I’m stucked here too. I tried connecting to the shares (with this creds) but nothing useful info.

Same. Cannot find a place to use these creds… Taking a break from it for tonight.

Very fun experience so far :smile:

Rooted! Really cool box, one of the easier of the “hard” ones I would say. Although getting from user1->user2 in the enumeration phase tripped me up a bit.

Thanks!

Type your comment> @purplenavi said:

Really stuck as well. I have a huge list of usernames, but no idea how to use them, none of the things I tried worked. Any hints?

Me too…
I came up with a custom script to scan all their “profiles” but got nothing…
Anyone could nudge, please?