Official Blunder Discussion

This is a fun box - awesome work by @egotisticalSW

Fun box! Will give nudges if you pm/

Thank you for this funny box @egotisticalSW unlike others, the start was easier for me! like what…

@TazWake Sorry for the previous thread, I didn’t know that now there will be an “official” thread :wink:

And thanks to @poker1 for his help on the last part. Sometimes we look too complicated…

@choupit0 said:

@TazWake Sorry for the previous thread, I didn’t know that now there will be an “official” thread :wink:

Its ok - I don’t think anyone knew. I certainly didn’t.

Anyone able to take a few quick PMs? Just trying to get something to work that should… but is not… Just need nudge on some syntax for foot fold.

@AwkwardUnicorn said:

Anyone able to take a few quick PMs? Just trying to get something to work that should… but is not… Just need nudge on some syntax for foot fold.

I will help if I can.

I have the correct credentials but cant seem to pop a shell with msf. Anyone run into this issue?

edit: rooted

Type your comment> @apalooza said:

I have the correct credentials but cant seem to pop a shell with msf. Anyone run into this issue?

Obviously you need to change the important thing in that MSF default module options.

Done with user and root, spent no more than one evening, but anyway the machine is pretty cool
I’d even say “The best one lately”
It’s not very hard, it’s not the easiest one and also it’s not Windows)))
Much info was given in another discussion on the forum, but if y’r stuck, send me pm
Soooo much thanks @egotisticalSW

root made me laugh because i used to rant on twitter about how useless this was :joy:

stuck on login page
please help me, thanks!

Stuck on login, I’ve tried fuzzing but no luck. Also I’ve read that stephen king article and found one weird-looking word, but i dont know. Any help?

Rooted!

DM me if you are stuck or need a nudge

@athuthala said:

stuck on login page
please help me, thanks!

@lucas98 said:

Stuck on login, I’ve tried fuzzing but no luck. Also I’ve read that stephen king article and found one weird-looking word, but i dont know. Any help?

This won’t sound helpful but the only answer is enumerate more.

If you find something which looks like it could be a user’s name, try it. Build a custom wordlist and see if it works.

Google can take you to an article which contains what you need to try the accounts and get access.

Rooted. Enumeration via Go****** for usernames. Well, this box i learnt a new way for Linux privilege escalation. It’s a recent CVE that you won’t miss it! Nice and fun box, thanks to the box maker!

Pm me if you need help.

Rooted! I feel so dumb after get root, lol ! PM if you need hints.

Rooted.
A nice box, as others have said the initial foothold is the hardest part, its pretty straight forward from there.

rooted feel free to DM if you are stuck

To much thinking isn’t right when it’s easy it is easy!
Struggled with finding the initial foothold and the user.

Root was there 5 secs google → 5 secs flag.
Thanks for the great box @egotisticalSW.

PM for Nudges!

Hello All, I am a noob in need of assistance. I have enumerated all i can but cannot seem to locate any webpages with any useful info on. Can someone PM me with a nudge in the right direction. :smile: