Deceitful Batman Challenge

Yup, the link dotan3 pasted helped me with solving this. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks @dotan3

Thanks @dotan3 , i don’t only solve but also learned alot. Answering with reading documents is good to learn

Yes! It’s quite difficult to help without giving the flag away. So the best way is to point to some good general resource and let the hacker grow :wink:

Glad you made it like this!

yap thanks dotan3

Hi,

I’m having a major problem with this challenge. Any further hints?

I will just leave it for now. Based on the link from @dotan3 I deciphered it but I can not submit the flag. Its literally telling me what the flag is but the site does not accept any variation. Maybe later I will understand why this was.

look at the input field.

“Flag format: HTB{s0m3_t3xt}”

I got confused there too, but yeah you should be able to figure it out now.

Thanks @haggy, I was not precise enough with that.

@bergabman said:
I will just leave it for now. Based on the link from @dotan3 I deciphered it but I can not submit the flag. Its literally telling me what the flag is but the site does not accept any variation. Maybe later I will understand why this was.

I have the same problem
thanks @dotan3 for the link

Ok made it

Seem to be having the same problem here, Won’t let me submit the flag and ive tried every way i can now -.-

Nevermind, I was going full retard, which no one should ever do!

Does somebody have the article or know of an equivalent @dotan3 gave? I tried to go there but the site seems down and it seems like a great thing to read…

Nevermind, solved it. Found this thanks to the hints: huntakillerwiththebau.com

@L04D3R said:
Does somebody have the article or know of an equivalent @dotan3 gave? I tried to go there but the site seems down and it seems like a great thing to read…

archive.org does. I came back for this the link because of another challenge.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171107001519/http://practicalcryptography.com/cryptanalysis/text-characterisation/identifying-unknown-ciphers/

@haggy said:
look at the input field.

“Flag format: HTB{s0m3_t3xt}”

I got confused there too, but yeah you should be able to figure it out now.

Underscore - noted.
Flag format is in lowercase but the description says that “(The flag is in uppercase)”. So, what is the correct case?

I also tried to submit many variations of relevant words from Wikipedia but none of them worked so far. Am I supposed to try many variations for this challenge?

I tried to submit the following words in uppercase separated with ‘_’ (I only write the first letter and length for each word so not to spoil):
A4_N6
N6_A4
A4_W7_N6
A4_W7_N6_C9
A6_B6
B6_A6
A6_P10
A6_T8_C5_P10
… and many other

Update: I found that there is an ambiguity. I also tried word combinations with J5 but none of them worked as well.

I don get it. I got the text but can`t submit the flag…

Would someone please tell me how to submit the text. I tryed it with HTB{TEXT} but it dose not work…

The description is saying in uppercase, so i did it. I tryed to split the words with a “_” but it dose not work.

Or am I wrong and the text is not the flag?

@arres said:
I don get it. I got the text but can`t submit the flag…

Would someone please tell me how to submit the text. I tryed it with HTB{TEXT} but it dose not work…

The description is saying in uppercase, so i did it. I tryed to split the words with a “_” but it dose not work.

Or am I wrong and the text is not the flag?

It seems that you need to start googling from what you have in the flag, but as I previously wrote, I wasn’t able to submit flag myself so far

Pm me if you want. I solved this a few days ago and didn’t have any issues submitting the flag. Only change needed was the case as mentioned in challenge description