Traceback

@MrRoxxx said:
Type your comment> @hughesdg said:

User done. That was fun :smile:

I finally got into the box, but am stuck in W*******n. Have any nudges?

what do we always try when we are inside the box?

Type your comment> @xkcm said:

Having a hard time getting my edit to appear in the writable file. If anyone has a nudge, I would appreciate it!

umm did you try to eco it out? … remember to use “>>” instead of “>”!

Spoiler Removed

can someone help?
after uploading the .l** scripts unable to execute them
the -e flag gives “[string “REPL”]:1: unexpected symbol near ‘/’”

Rooted at last. Timing is everything here!

anyone else having a hard time staying connected to this box?

Type your comment> @anybody said:

can someone help?
after uploading the .l** scripts unable to execute them
the -e flag gives “[string “REPL”]:1: unexpected symbol near ‘/’”

Try not to rely on script, write something of Your own :smile:

finally got my first box, thanks to all the help here. learned a lot!

@malakx yeah, was using wrong syntax :slight_smile:

Finally got the box! Learned a lot. Now onto the next one.

how i got the shell?

This one took me wayyyy longer than anticipated. Learned a lot, screamed a little, but got it in the end! Congrats to everyone who got it so quickly. The path to root is something I will always keep in the toolbelt. Thank you to the box maker!

There’s probably enough here in the comments to get you going, but I’d like to offer a subtle methodical nudge.

To anyone struggling at privesc: Think about the logical flow of keeping persistence on a box. What’s the first thing you’d like to have happen? And what goes into that from the system’s perspective? I hope this helps someone. I was stuck here for a while.

Feel free to DM. You need to tell me where you’re stuck and what all you’ve tried. I will not tell you what to do, but I am happy to offer some guidance.

Rooted the box! Anyone who needs a nudge, feel free to ping me!

1. Look for hints that aren’t obvious in the first look.
  2. Then you would need to carry out some OSINT, 5 minutes max.
  3. Once you find the list of possible solutions, you have to have to find which one works.
  4. Use that solution to spawn a shell.
  5. Now you have to do a little privesc step to go from user1 to user2.
  6. Get yourself a fancy shell and then look for things happening on the machine.
  7. Once you get the idea of what’s happening, change that file and be really quick!

If it helped you a bit, feel free to drop +1 respect.

I’m confused with getting the user here. I figured out which webshell to use and tried using default auth in the it, but was not able to get anything after that. Am I missing something obvious here???

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Sudu

rooted! Great box for a noob. Thanks for setting it up.

Rooted. Pretty cool box, was very fun.

Rooted a few days ago as my first machine on HTB. Cool box, easy but fun, learned some useful tricks.

Often hints are in plain sight, try to understand where they could be: then Google is, as always, your friend.
This will lead you straight to have access on the web shell. From there, you’re gonna need to find a way to access on the machine itself, keeping in mind that there are some backdoors opened.
Once on the machine, read everything you find there and try to understand what you can do as w*** in order to migrate to s***. Then remember what you’ve already seen: as I said before, often hints are in plain sight. There are some messages somewhere you can modify as you prefer. This would lead you to own machine!

Hope this is not too much of a spoiler. Feel free to PM me if you need nudges!

Easy box. Thanks! Pm if you need help

Hey! Noobie here with a lot to learn.

I got User flag (OSINT and privileged esc) but am having some trouble with Root. could someone PM me for a nudge?

I think I understand what I need to do but it’s not working for me and i’m not sure if i’m just too slow or if i’m in the wrong place.

thanks!

I got it! I completely forgot about what i found in the first steps that are critical for root.

Thanks @UGlz for the subtle nudge

Hi guys, not seen that it was mention here, but after i found out correct shell, i try to login and my connection times out…
any help here?