Magic

Type your comment> @idonthack said:

Anyone for a nudge?

What is your doubt? PM me, if you want some help

So its been two days i am stuck at root. I read the comments but cant figure it out. I think i never seen this method or i am having a bad time with this machine. Any nudge? :slight_smile:

I figured out! Thanks everyone for there comments.

I was stuck on creating the ■■■■ thing one way and the simplest way worked

I’m stuck at user. Dunno how to play with upload. Please DM me.

Rooted! Feel free to DM me if you need a hint :wink:

I need a small nudge on user. I used enum tools but nothing interesting spotted. Can’t drop my keys anyhow.

NVM - just got user thanks to @xOkami

I’m stuck on root. I’d be gratefull for a nudge.

@Nism0 said:

I’m stuck on root. I’d be gratefull for a nudge.

Enumerate what you can do and then see if there is a road you can change to your advantage.

Great machine!! Took me half a day to finish this. Thanks @TRX for this challenge.

I am glad you guys liked Magic! :smiley:

Owned. Finally. Thx @TRX for greate learning experiance and thanks @TazWake for hint.

ROOTED!

I love this kind of box and this one in particular make me learn something new! Here some hints:

Foothold: do you know an image can hide a lot of information? Maybe you just need the right tool.
User: just look around and you’ll find the first juicy information, that information can be used only in one way so let’s do it.
Root: know how Linux prioritize commands execution is the key, then I suggest you to use some tools like pspy and strings to better understand what’s happening.

Feel free to PM if you need help!

achille

hey guys i need a tip for root please i did the usual enumeration but didn’t find much

@sysceen said:

hey guys i need a tip for root please i did the usual enumeration but didn’t find much

Did you read the post immediately before yours?

ye but i still can’t figure it out @TazWake

@sysceen said:

ye but i still can’t figure it out @TazWake

So its going to be challenging giving you are more obvious tip without it being a spoiler.

Type your comment> @sysceen said:

You can PM me. Like TazWake said it is hard to give you hint w/o it being a spolier. Off channel, may be I can help you think in right direction

thanks guys i just got it :smiley: i’ll still come pm for some more questions @human

Stuck @ www-data can someone help me ?

@madmob69 said:

Stuck @ www-data can someone help me ?

Enumeration. Find some creds. Think about what the file they are in is used for and find a way to dump the contents of that.