How to handle threats on HTB?

So recently I made my website where I post writeups of HTB machines (Protected ofcourse) and someone started “threatening” me for it. How should I handle it?

If the discussion is on the HTB platform (which it appears to be), then you could report it and see if any action is taken.

However, it feels like the “threat” here is that they are going to take your protected content and make it public. I am not sure how that will end out but there is a good chance that making it public will put them in violation of the “rules” rather than you.

Yeah I’m not actually sure where/how you’d report that really. There doesn’t seem to be a report option in the messaging system or in a user’s profile. I guess you’d have to raise a support ticket here: Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

If the discussion is on the HTB platform (which it appears to be), then you could report it and see if any action is taken.

However, it feels like the “threat” here is that they are going to take your protected content and make it public. I am not sure how that will end out but there is a good chance that making it public will put them in violation of the “rules” rather than you.

Yeah, he didn’t reply me after that and I ignored it till now.

@VbScrub said:
Yeah I’m not actually sure where/how you’d report that really. There doesn’t seem to be a report option in the messaging system or in a user’s profile. I guess you’d have to raise a support ticket here: Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

I will submit one right now. Thanks a lot! <3

@VbScrub said:

Btw, the portal says that it’s for “functionality issues and errors”. Should I still raise a ticket there?

I don’t see any other place you can raise it or any other contact info. I guess you could use the Feedback option at the top of the main website, but that’s limited to 200 characters

Type your comment> @heisenb3rg said:

So recently I made my website where I post writeups of HTB machines (Protected ofcourse) and someone started “threatening” me for it. How should I handle it?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xmehulx/Issues/master/reborn.png

Some time ago I was offered an bribe to help them root a machine (shocked)…
Anyway, I raised a support ticket about it, added the screenshots and let the HTB crew deal with it basically. (just what @TazWake mentioned above).

I’ll follow that. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Not excusing him for his part of this. As we all know there is two sides of the story. Wonder what the full conversation looks like.

Type your comment> @zer0bubble said:

Not excusing him for his part of this. As we all know there is two sides of the story. Wonder what the full conversation looks like.

This is the full conversation lol. He completely copied my website (and even showed my certifications and achievements as his own and also displayed my HTB writeups as his by just changing the name). He displayed his HTB ID on the website through which I messaged him here, and the rest is in the photo

well then, bad on him. Submit your complaint and remember that arguing on the internet is as productive as yelling at the wall. Be the better human.

Not much you can do I’m afraid. You could try trolling him in the writeups and hope that he copies everything without reading it :wink: