Remote

Neglected to add notes previously -
I’ve re-rooted box using the TV way (after first time going via service).
The second way is also nice :slight_smile:
Thanks again…

Root hint for u****c way:
Don’t forget to stop “the thing” before trying anything on it, and also forget the “PS thing” if you’re using it to exploit the vuln. The manual way works better.
Also this page may help you Windows elevation of privileges

Rooted. First tried the u****c way, but I couldn’t get it working. Was it patched or something, as user creation did not work? Then tried the TV way, rather straightforward. Very nice box overall.

I have gotten the creds from N** directory but logging into UM***** Gives a complete white page, trying the POC always results in “Connection Reset by Peer”. Although printing the cookies tells me its logged in.
It always resets on

url_xslt = host+“/umbraco/developer/Xslt/xsltVisualize.aspx”;
r3 = s.get(url_xslt);

Any nudges on how to proceed?

EDIT:
Nevermind figured it out, EU servers FTW

Im trying the U***C service way but it fails.

[SC] StartService FAILED 1053:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any hints?

Type your comment> @JKLOVE said:

how to get root
someone can give me tips?

The name of the box itself is a hint.
A service is used for this operation.
Check its version and Google it.
You will get.

Hint for the u****c
absolution is key

Hi any hints with the TV approach? I have the pwd, but don’t know where to use it.

EDIT: Rooted TV way, appeared like the password had been changed. Remember to be Evil with the password, and that admin are lazy!

I have user, have a shell, used P***U.**1 to abuse a service - worked but cannot for the life of me get logged in as administrator. runas didn’t work … I am sure I am over thinking this.

Could someone give me a hint about root? I think I’ve tried with both approaches and still I can’t get it, it fails at the last step. PM if you want and I tell you what I’ve been trying!!

ROOTED!

Nice Windows box, it’s very realistic and the software you have to exploit is quite common and widespread. Below some hints:

Foothold: it’s easy to identify the first service, it’s also easy to get access to a not protected share, then just Google where the juicy information is stored.

User: if you are here you know what to do now so read the PoC and think what can be more useful to run on a Windows box instead of calc.exe

Root: I owned the box following the “Remote” way, so again identify the service that is not on a default Windows installation and google for vulnerabilities of that particular version, then there is a msf module to complete the task.

PM me if you need help!

achille

Finally ROOTED. It took me way to long.

User: Once you find the exploit, look a little more, someone has made it a little easier.

Root: It is a common escalation method. However, I had syntax issues so I used the same method but in a little different way.

PM me if you need any hints.

Hi all,

For the TV exploit, could someone point me to the best way to run a python exploit on a Windows box? What did you do?

Yes, I know there’s metasploit, but who did the exploit without MSF? Any tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Rooted. Thanks to HomeSen for confirming I was on the right lines. Second box after ServMon. Learnt a lot and enjoyed this box. Used TV to get Admin. Happy to provide pointers via PM.

Is there something wrong with the box? Unable to issue commands as I was doing last night.

Okay rooted, finally. Thank you everyone, because I’ve been scanning this forum for pointers. Got just enough help without getting spoiled.

User: Look up PoCs, pay attention to ports.
Root: Use that famous tool we all use, but afterwards if you are lost go look up similar boxes in the past and pay very close attention to the scripts they run. Also stay away from the Mario brothers approach, because I think that the exploit it leads to got patched so it doesn’t help as much anymore (either that or I’m incompetent)

Hopefully I didn’t give away too much or give any bad info, but I’m tired and need to sleep for like a day. (Internally I am screaming in anger for how long it took me to solve this box just to find out I was an inch away and just had to do better research)

Edit: I fixed the user hint.

Type your comment> @dojoku said:

Type your comment> @gsxrjason said:

Type your comment> @dyl88 said:

Type your comment> @Meatex said:

I am in the same boat as xboxfreak54
Confirmed RCE with ping and got it do web requests and download files but any more complicated scripts are no go. Not sure where its storing downloaded files and tried downloading and then executing by running exploit with command to just run but no joy yet.

Im in the same boat as you, it downloaded a file… but god knows where it went… cant seem to get it to run

I am also at this stage.
Any attempt to add a path to the output location, download never starts.
Attempts to execute my file with out, hasn’t made it back to to my meter.

try to execute in memory when you can download file in server. so you don’t need to know where the file is placed. one terminal to received reverse connection another terminal to serving a file to be downloaded.

Trying using P******l and IX but i’m having trouble inserting it into the POC paylaod. I think if i use ’ python throws an error, if i use " it doesn’t seem to work. Any pointers?

:smiley: I take the root flag before the user one :smiley: :smiley: because didn’t see
Nice machine, I was blocked before notice that I had the password on my hand

user owned i also have credentials for admin from TV, but don’t know what now
I can’t switch user to admin beacuse shell is limited.
I also find WRM service but it also doesn’t work
can someone give a hint or dm

I rooted the box with service method can someone please DM me the TV method