Magic

stuck in Root, tried LinEnum, linpeas but didn’t get anything, a hint please.

@falcon01 said:

Manual enumeration might be a lot more effective. I think the tools will have found what you need, but it is hard to spot in their output.

Type your comment> @Ric0 said:

Hi, is anybody there to sanitize my payload, please? Stuck for some unknown reason :wink: If so PM or discord Ric0#7152

@Ric0 Did you have any luck with your payload? I can’t get mine to upload.

wrong post

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@falcon01 said:

Manual enumeration might be a lot more effective. I think the tools will have found what you need, but it is hard to spot in their output.

can you PM for a nudge please ?

Fun system User was quickly done
up to root but that have to wait till tomorrow

I agree this could have been a box in the PWK lab (OSCP). Take careful notes on this one because you will encounter the specific techniques as well as the general approach again, guaranteed. Also note the tools you used, and references.

Also, if you know how to use ssh, then getting back in and staying in is trivial after you get user. This is commonly the case on boxes I’ve seen, also in the OSCP lab.

Must machine for anyone trying to get better at Linux Priv Esc and Web exploitation. Amazing machine. PM if you need help.

I was two hours in this boxes for first user haha. First step is basic enum only! Good luck!

reverse shell not working after upload can anyone give a nudge

Finally got user

Can someone help with initial step? Don’t know how to get www-data

Rooted! Thanks for the box, learned something in the process of hacking

Type your comment> @mrshershulya said:

Can someone help with initial step? Don’t know how to get www-data

dm

Stuck on root. found s******, looked at what it’s doing, failed to exploit. I’ve done something similar in the past, but none of the tricks i learned or searched are working. Could use a nudge. Thanks

I was able to read the root flag with cat in my impostor file, but trying to set up /bin/bash would result in a root shell echoing back my commands to me:

root@ubuntu:/root# whoami
whoami

Anyone could explain?

hey, i need some help, i have the second password for the user but i’m not able to authenticate as the user (su or ssh), should i be able to?

Type your comment> @ines said:

hey, i need some help, i have the second password for the user but i’m not able to authenticate as the user (su or ssh), should i be able to?

su will work after upgrading your shell.

Anyone for a nudge?

Spoiler Removed

@mrshershulya said:

su doesn’t work, how to get user?

Do you have a proper shell? When you say “su doesn’t work” - do you mean it rejects the password or generates an error message?