Cache

Just one question why root is so easy??

i*******e login page is half in another language and the password changed with no resets left for the day, this box is gonna be the death of me :confused:

Got a more stable box with a region change and rooted. Besides the minor annoyances that many people are experiencing, this was a good box that I learned a ton from.

Please PM a hint for foothold. Tried several things for a few days now. No dice.

Does anyone has problem to access /pl? I am getting error: "Patient Pl is turned off". Resetting helps, but the error gets back few moments after it.Accordingly, s****p doesn’t work.

can anyone give me a nudge , got the creds out of the tables and now stumped, cant seem to progress, thanks

Type your comment> @nimportequi said:

Does anyone has problem to access /pl? I am getting error: "Patient Pl is turned off". Resetting helps, but the error gets back few moments after it.Accordingly, s****p doesn’t work.

you don’t actually need that, think someone is probably not careful changing settings

Very good machine although I needed a nudge because I wasn’t patient enough during a certain exploit which makes me believe I might made it the unintended way because I used a certain funny cat tool. Thanks @ASHacker , very good box!

Got user on this box, working on root.

there is so much hint in this forum for user

hint for root :

L*D

PM me if u need nudge :smiley:

and big thanks for @ASHacker nice box btw!!
Cheers!

Rooted!!

Initial foothold is tricky, root is really very easy.
I struggled a lot because i did not clearly read output of commands.

Thanks to @Dark0 for initial foothold. Thanks to @Str4thus and @gonzaloFSF for hints towards root.

My hints:
Initial foothold:

1. What has author created apart from cache ? It can be accessed.
  2. There are bunch of vulnerabilities. You need to use multiple vulnerabilities to get initial foothold. Identify which works. There is a video which explains how to do it.

User 1:

1. You found something in foothold, its not useless. Flip the SWITCH !!

User 2:

1. Check what services are running on machine. Found something related to machine name ?
  2. Good article to help you exploit it

Root:

1. What permissions User 2 has
  2. GTFO

PM me if you need a hint

Also
I would like to know the method of initial foothold without hampering the machine. Could anyone enlighten me ?

Finally rooted! Initial foothold was rather circuitous and there were many blind alleys to go through - it took me days to get the initial shell while root took only about 1-2 hours.

Foothold: Once you’ve found the H** that everyone is referring to, the fun begins here. At first, I had to sieve through the many vulnerabilities and decide which to use. In the end, I only relied on what was already available in a certain framework in my attacking box. I suspect there are multiple routes to get to the first web shell. I went the not-so-disruptive way but would be interested to hear of alternative methods that chains vulns together in different ways.

User 1: You might have found something previously which would help.

User 2: It’s a service related to the name of the box.

Root: Blue whale and something special about user 2. There could be slight variations in the root approach. I stumbled for a while before I realised I had to check on images before I could proceed.

Rooted! Feel free to ask me for tips

finally rooted!!!
Thanks @unknwon and @unmesh836 for the nudges.

Rooted! Thanks for all the tips and hints here. Feel free to ping me for any nudges! :smiley:

what am i supposed to do with m*******d?

hey everyone, I’m stuck on cache - I got the service and got the admin but I’m stuck - I know how to exploit the machine afterwards but I need the missing piece to do that, any tips would be appreciated , thanks.

Rooted box!

I want left one comment, what for me was pain and there is no nudge on the forum, pay attention how resolve juice string. This part was Foothold, the part more tricky.

Rooted.

Happy to provide hints, just let me know where you are and what you’ve tried.

finally rooted!! pm me if you need any nudges

Finally rooted
great thanks to @Dw0rdPwn3r
also many many thanks to you guys @ellj @CyberG33k