Remote

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

@matheusbrat said:

I’m trying TV approach after getting access to cmd and user.txt. After finding the Administrator password on r******* and cracking it I get r*****_****n. Is this correct?

I was trying to run something like “sudoo” on ps and/or runas but it always fallback to the cmd without allowing me to type the password.

What am I missing? Is this in the right direction?

Just log in with those credentials :wink:

Probably I’m over thinking this but I have tried regular f** client, s** client, nf*, win** with a python script which gives me (the specified credentials were rejected by the server).

I thought on using TV client and connecting to the information I got on r*****. But that doesn’t to work too.

Can someone jump into DM so I can explain what I have been doing? Thanks in advance.

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

@matheusbrat said:

I’m trying TV approach after getting access to cmd and user.txt. After finding the Administrator password on r******* and cracking it I get r*****_****n. Is this correct?

I was trying to run something like “sudoo” on ps and/or runas but it always fallback to the cmd without allowing me to type the password.

What am I missing? Is this in the right direction?

Just log in with those credentials :wink:

@HomeSen Thanks for pointing that I was using the wrong encoded value!

ROOT Hint: There is more than one value encrypted, so pay attention on which one to use

got the remote key have to connect it seems and thank you @waldemaro for guiding me

Rooted!

root hint: Think like an evil

anyone could help me with the TV proccess?
i rooted already using the US method.

The TV process is annoying af, definitely drinking a bottle after that one lol PM me if you need a nudge

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run the enumeration script! Can someone give me a hint?

Hi there, can someone help with the TV approach? Found pwd, but don’t know where to use it. And about enumeration method, ps says it did use “service” ps1 command thing, but it does nothing. Strange, cuz a lot of people been able to elevate via enum method.

UPD: Rooted using TV method. Really intrested how to root it the other way
PM for nudge. But really have no idea why US method doesn’t work. It doesn’t add user nor run a cmd via abuse, weird

EDIT: found the creds!

Neglected to add notes previously -
I’ve re-rooted box using the TV way (after first time going via service).
The second way is also nice :slight_smile:
Thanks again…

Root hint for u****c way:
Don’t forget to stop “the thing” before trying anything on it, and also forget the “PS thing” if you’re using it to exploit the vuln. The manual way works better.
Also this page may help you Windows elevation of privileges

Rooted. First tried the u****c way, but I couldn’t get it working. Was it patched or something, as user creation did not work? Then tried the TV way, rather straightforward. Very nice box overall.

I have gotten the creds from N** directory but logging into UM***** Gives a complete white page, trying the POC always results in “Connection Reset by Peer”. Although printing the cookies tells me its logged in.
It always resets on

url_xslt = host+“/umbraco/developer/Xslt/xsltVisualize.aspx”;
r3 = s.get(url_xslt);

Any nudges on how to proceed?

EDIT:
Nevermind figured it out, EU servers FTW

Im trying the U***C service way but it fails.

[SC] StartService FAILED 1053:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any hints?

Type your comment> @JKLOVE said:

how to get root
someone can give me tips?

The name of the box itself is a hint.
A service is used for this operation.
Check its version and Google it.
You will get.

Hint for the u****c
absolution is key

Hi any hints with the TV approach? I have the pwd, but don’t know where to use it.

EDIT: Rooted TV way, appeared like the password had been changed. Remember to be Evil with the password, and that admin are lazy!

I have user, have a shell, used P***U.**1 to abuse a service - worked but cannot for the life of me get logged in as administrator. runas didn’t work … I am sure I am over thinking this.

Could someone give me a hint about root? I think I’ve tried with both approaches and still I can’t get it, it fails at the last step. PM if you want and I tell you what I’ve been trying!!

ROOTED!

Nice Windows box, it’s very realistic and the software you have to exploit is quite common and widespread. Below some hints:

Foothold: it’s easy to identify the first service, it’s also easy to get access to a not protected share, then just Google where the juicy information is stored.

User: if you are here you know what to do now so read the PoC and think what can be more useful to run on a Windows box instead of calc.exe

Root: I owned the box following the “Remote” way, so again identify the service that is not on a default Windows installation and google for vulnerabilities of that particular version, then there is a msf module to complete the task.

PM me if you need help!

achille

Finally ROOTED. It took me way to long.

User: Once you find the exploit, look a little more, someone has made it a little easier.

Root: It is a common escalation method. However, I had syntax issues so I used the same method but in a little different way.

PM me if you need any hints.