Announcing Pro Lab Cybernetics

I’m almost halfway through this environment and it’s worth every penny. It’s extremely difficult once you’re past the entry point, but it’s totally worth the time and energy you’ll put in to it.

Start with Offshore if you’re a bit rusty on AD stuff, and go to this after.

I just subscribed to this and am new here. How do I connect to the machines listed? I’ve downloaded the ovpn file.

can you respect me then later I will respect you too

@akuy said:
can you respect me then later I will respect you too

Oh wow have we got to the point where people do sub4sub for HTB respect points :flushed: :disappointed:

Instead of asking people to give you respect for no reason, just help people instead and then you’ll naturally get given it :slight_smile: I just looked how many respect points I have and its nearly 300, yet I’ve never asked anyone to give me any. So there’s proof that you don’t need to beg or trade for it. Just do things that earn people’s respect… that’s the whole point of the system after all.

Hello people, before starting this lab i would like to know if there are any dedicated channels (support + community) if we need to reboot a machine or share some ideas (discord ?). Also at which point does it stick to a real life scenario (I mean i understand that you have to deal with lab issues like you can not have an account lockout policy if you want your lab to stay functional, …), but what do you think in general for people doing professional pentests ?.

Also do we have to pay the setup fee just once ? i mean if we pay monthly with a month off for holidays for ex, when we will back in the game what happens with this fee ? Thanks a lot, hope to see you soon.

Hello everyone,

I just started with Cybernetics a few days ago. I am having a really tough time getting an initial foothold. I’ve scanned the machines in the lab over and over and tried all kind of web app crawling/directory listing without any luck. I am certain it is right in front of me but cannot figure it out. Any small tip would be appreciated (without giving a spoiler).

Thank you.

Type your comment> @itcasro said:

Hello everyone,

I just started with Cybernetics a few days ago. I am having a really tough time getting an initial foothold. I’ve scanned the machines in the lab over and over and tried all kind of web app crawling/directory listing without any luck. I am certain it is right in front of me but cannot figure it out. Any small tip would be appreciated (without giving a spoiler).

Thank you.

I managed to find the way through in the end.

Same issue here @itcasro having difficult time getting an initial foothold. Tried several enumeration techniques, brute force methods, etc. I already put in a request to add a category for cybernetics labs but nothing yet. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

@sparkla said:

I’m really interested in this. Is that beyond my rank or doable by someone like me?

Just purchased 1 year pro membership without putting to much thought behind it. Haven’t logged in yet, @HTB is it possible to convert / upgrade to this instead? Of course I can add the missing bucks.

Not sure what’s better for me, I’m not really interested in the old boxes, AD is my no. 1 topic for a while now.

VIP is unrelated to Pro Labs, you might want to talk to support to cancel VIP if you would rather spend the money on this.

Type your comment> @sparkla said:

Thanks for the info. But would you recommend it for me? I’m actually more interested in learning for the industry rather than ranking or playing. (well yeah, I wanted to have at least pro-hacker…)

I’ve had VIP for several months, and I find it really useful to go to old machines and follow writeups to hone my process. I’ve not done this lab, but I did do Offshore, which was an amazing learning experience, and taught me a huge amount about AD.

Is there a dedicated channel in netsecfocus for Cybernetics ?

Want to follow this for the dedicated channel update.

OWA is down for days now for a lab I pay for which can’t be used. Doesn’t look like anyone is trying to fix it. Whoever is in the lab gets an extension of the lab I guess?

Type your comment> @CTFCracker said:

Is there a dedicated channel in netsecfocus for Cybernetics ?

yes, there is one - see https://mm.netsecfocus.com/nsf/pl/9tdwwya96b8p7edneppak9mhgc

yeah the !cybernetics dosnt work for me

Type your comment> @ov3rr1d3 said:

Type your comment> @heloy said:

I bought Cybernetics Pro Lab, but I have been looking for a long time, but I cannot find the Lab IP. I am trying to scan the whole network segment, which I know is a wrong practice. Could you please tell me the IP of this Lab

VPN route should have been pushed to you … Check it .

what do you mean, would they email it ?@ov3rr1d3

Type your comment> @ov3rr1d3 said:

Type your comment> @heloy said:

I bought Cybernetics Pro Lab, but I have been looking for a long time, but I cannot find the Lab IP. I am trying to scan the whole network segment, which I know is a wrong practice. Could you please tell me the IP of this Lab

VPN route should have been pushed to you … Check it .

So the target machines for cybernetics are in my vpn segment? Don’t think so…

Is the lab up and running? Not seeing any boxes up on the target network.

I’ve found some machines, but the most obvious exploit doesn’t work on what looks liek should be the “easy” foothold. I would like to hear from anyone who has gotten the inital machine. I can’t tell if I’m doing the exploit wrong, or if it just doesn’t work.