ServMon

fun box? this piece of sh** is a pain in the ■■■ , slow as f***

stop rebootin the fu***n machine you morons!!!

And rooted! A great box if you are patient enough read the docs and not blindly fire exploits at it. I thought it was pretty life-like myself. Learned a lot.

Resets made it hard.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@cptHook87 said:

can someone tell me the steps to root this machine, this is my first machine, i am still learning, thank you.

You might find it easier to work on a retired machine where you can follow a full walkthrough.

And starting point which also provides you step by step instructions, very useful

When I try to root this box giving my friend Carl what to execute in order to get the privesc it returns “message:Failed to execute blabla: 2: The system cannot find the file specified.” Can anyone that knows how to get around that PM me pls (obviusly gave Carl the file before that).
Edit: gave it a try with the interface and got the root :smile:

Ok so i’ve been messing around with the retired boxes mostly and felt brave yesterday so thought I’d give this a bash.

Got users, creds and user flag, stuck on root now for two days. My own scripts doesn’t work for ■■■■, my exe keeps getting deleted so any hint would be appreciated.

Type your comment> @magomed said:

Type your comment> @khaled0x7 said:

any hints for Root
i got the config file N**nt.ini and i got the An creds, and i found an exploit on exploit-db for local priv esc, but at some point it requires to login, how i can login to that service, however the allowed hosts is only 127.0.0.1.

I have only *** connection using N***** user
please PM for any hint

Sent you a PM.

can you help me, i need a step by step

i have a problem, when i try to load my payload whith nsclient, it doesn’t work… nothing be back on my nc listening. i need this to escape privilege and to gain root access.
However, if i execute manualy the payload with my low privilege (Nadine), it is working… pLease help me
=>the payload is good also
i believe ther is a bug in the machine (nsclient doesn’t call my script but i load and schedule ok normaly)…

=>Today, i try agin 20 times, and finally the backdoor be back and so root !!!
the VM is very bug… i believe why a lot of person have problem with the nsclient interface…

really the worst box i rooted, it’s lagging all the time, the ssh is SO f***ing slow , summarizing, its normal it haves this assessment, good job

@cptHook87 said:

No one is going to give you a step by step guide on how to complete an active machine like this. Once a machine is retired, there will be lots of step by step guides available for it. But while the machine is live, no one is allowed to do that.

So if you want step by step guides for machines, you need to attack the retired machines (only available to VIP users, but its well worth the monthly cost if you ask me) and look at the write ups and video walkthroughs for those.

There’s also the “Starting Point” set of machines that HTB now offer for beginners, which do have step by step guides. You should see that listed on the left hand side under the Machines heading on the main site.

@cptHook87 said:

I appreciate you are asking the same questions, but the answer remains broadly that people can give you hints, but giving you a complete walkthrough isn’t really “the right thing to do” (and publishing them is clearly against HTB policy).

Either wait for the box to retire or start on one you feel more comfortable with.

Anyone able to give me a helping hand? I feel like I’m nearing the end. I’ve been playing about with the API for hours and think I’ve hit a dead end. PM’s welcome, don’t really want to say too much in this post in case I spoil it.

Type your comment

Type your comment

Type your comment

Type your comment

Type your comment

@VINDICATOR said:
Type your comment"KNOX"

someone’s script went wrong :lol:

@VbScrub said:

someone’s script went wrong :lol:

Hey, bots have to bot…

Owned user. My tip for the initial foothold…once you find something…you’ve found something lol

As vague as that is, just try what you find.