Valentine

what is the best way to get something usefull from memory leak? i’m using msf… but get only crypted stuff…

@h3kd3w said:
what is the best way to get something usefull from memory leak? i’m using msf… but get only crypted stuff…

Go through the data dump from the exploit. You will get some data that can be used in the decode page to find the passphrase. Also try to get the RSA private key. And Google how to use them together. You will figure it out soon.

@JepFrenzel said:
I got the other data (he…). I tried both to use it as a passphrase and do what it literally says, but none of them work. Does it work for anyone else, or am i just missing something?

Yeah. Use Google to combine what you have found ( it could be a passphrase) and the RSA key to login. Use Google. It’s you best tool. If you can’t figure it out or need a pointer PM me. Happy to help.

I’ve rooted this using an exploit. Anyone here can teach me how to root this without using an exploit? Please pm

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Rooted using the “clean” method. PM if you need help

Valentine owned! Let’s continue with an other. Oh my god, it’s adictive :smiley:

Hi,

I got root but not sure if intended way. Can someone PM me to talk about it because was 2 easy

Thank you.

have rsa key, and passphrase… can not find username anywhere!!! please give me a hint!!!1

No idea where everyone is getting passphrase from. I’ve tried using jtr to get it from the rsa key but get strange character along with normal characters

Got it! : D If anyone want help. PM me
Hack The Box

@Largoh said:
No idea where everyone is getting passphrase from. I’ve tried using jtr to get it from the rsa key but get strange character along with normal characters

what’s the name of the box? :wink:

@drtychai said:

@Largoh said:

what’s the name of the box? :wink:

I did try that, maybe I’m doing it wrong somewhere along the line. Going to come back to it tomorrow after a sleep.

There is an exploit that you have to run that dumps out a lot of random information. The name of the box and the picture on the webpage is a hint to this exploit.

@Largoh said:

My heart bleeds for you.

@JOk3Rxvi said:
have rsa key, and passphrase… can not find username anywhere!!! please give me a hint!!!1

The username is right under your nose. Where did you get the key?

@impetuousdanny said:

@Largoh said:

My heart bleeds for you.

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you

Now rooted. Took ages trying to get root. I reset the box and then it was obvious.