Jeeves root.txt

@Skullsec said:
Someone can give me a hint about how I get access to the machine? I’ve found ------- but I don’t know how to access. Help a noob, please haha…

Dont forget you can do simple things to see what ports do. Like netcat to it and send it a hello. See what it says. Sometimes they respond and tell you what they are.

@Skunkfoot said:
You can use your browser

I used and tried some things, but no success. I don’t know how to do…

@Nalaurien said:

@Skullsec said:
Someone can give me a hint about how I get access to the machine? I’ve found ------- but I don’t know how to access. Help a noob, please haha…

Dont forget you can do simple things to see what ports do. Like netcat to it and send it a hello. See what it says. Sometimes they respond and tell you what they are.

Yeah, I used nc to enumerate the service in the port, but I still missing something 'cause I don’t have success…

@Skullsec said:

@Nalaurien said:

@Skullsec said:

Yeah, I used nc to enumerate the service in the port, but I still missing something 'cause I don’t have success…

As always, then enumerate more. Write notes, link up together what you find (KeepNote is a great program for that purpose).
Enumration is firstly do a nmap. Then write down the open ports and which programs are running there, if possible, which Version they have.
Look to which ports you have access without restriction.
Dirbust web Services (the dirbuster lists are good to start, also SecList has some good lists).
Write down what you find. Enumerate.

Jeeves was really a nice trip, IMHO. Don’t ruin the trip for yourself and spoil you.

@wirehack7 said:

@Skullsec said:

@Nalaurien said:

@Skullsec said:

As always, then enumerate more. Write notes, link up together what you find (KeepNote is a great program for that purpose).
Enumration is firstly do a nmap. Then write down the open ports and which programs are running there, if possible, which Version they have.
Look to which ports you have access without restriction.
Dirbust web Services (the dirbuster lists are good to start, also SecList has some good lists).
Write down what you find. Enumerate.

Jeeves was really a nice trip, IMHO. Don’t ruin the trip for yourself and spoil you.

Can I pm you? I don’t want a spoiler, just learn how to explore this machine. I feel some difficult to gain access.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

@bianca said:

@b1narygl1tch said:
Could someone give me a hint what to do with hash/password from CEH.kdbx? I tried the password on smb and Administrator, but I had no success.
I can’t escalate privileges. Enumerated services, folders, files etc. No idea

Is this file useful for priv esc? I found it and cracked it, but I don’t know what to do with it. I’m stuck in priv esc and don’t know where else to go. I already have a meterpreter session running, but can’t get system or dump hashes. Any help would be welcome.

Pass by any data that might be useless and isolate the outliers and identify them. The clarification of where it comes from and its use cases might be worth noting. Hash values can be identified based on certain attributes.

■■■, this is embarrassing… It was so obvious! I finally found out what to do with that file. Now I’m logged as system and looking for the flag file.

Could someone PM me if “dir” is the right way for root.txt ?

Someone give me hints about how to get root?

@Saoirse said:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEE hint :wink:

That’s almost or actually is a spoiler LOL

Got Admin, can’t find root.txt or any file that can’t contain the flag. Tried listing hidden files with multiple commands, mainly in Desktop. There are only .lnk .txt and one .ini …

Got the flag, didn’t know about this feature in windows file system

Where is the root.txt? I tried to find hidden files and I couldn’t get it

@Naivenom said:
Where is the root.txt? I tried to find hidden files and I couldn’t get it

Try harder. There’s more than only one or two ways to hide files.

I tried attrib, but I guess the name of file is root.txt

Nevermind, i got it

It’s more about the file system in play here than the os peeps .