Hackthebox omniscient member Mister_Bert0ni buy OSCE exam leak

edited March 2020 in Off-topic

This guy try to buy OSCE exam leak on Telegram to a seller

https://zupimages.net/up/20/10/yj1j.png
https://zupimages.net/up/20/10/ht6v.png
https://zupimages.net/up/20/10/jr52.png

I hope this community doesnt support offsec cheater

EDIT, he wasnt scam, seller refund him but same issue on HTB, we have a group (eg Mystiko or Mystiko whatever typo) who share solution s about live machines on their discord, and now we've got guys who buy OSCP/OSCE leak exam but they will say that's for a friend... LOL BAN those guys!!!

Comments

  • Nice hacthebox is a community where vert cheater are welcome... Infosec community is awesome !!!

  • ?

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

    Currently have very limited HTB time but will try to respond as quickly as possible.

  • This guy Bert0ni bought exam answer for Offensive security certification and no problem lol... awesome community!!!! no ban, so hackthebox.eu staff are agree with cheating... hummm will start to leak write up for live machine if no problem with cheating!!!

  • @r3l1k HtB and OSCP aren't the same... or I am wrong?
    If you have proof, just report it to them, not here.

  • and I wouldn't bitch about the infosec community. twats are everywhere.

  • Spoiler Removed

    limbernie
    Write-ups | Discord - limbernie#0386

  • edited May 2020

    Spoiler Removed

    ikr, pisses me off. Hope one day we can eliminate that kind of cheating, but it will surely not happen anytime soon.

    Feel free to PM me, but please ask good questions: https://www.shorturl.at/fmAX6

  • I think it is far from ideal - and pretty much against the TOS here - but I also dont know why people care that much about it.

    If people want to cheat, they will cheat. Some people are puritanical about doing every box themselves without hints or tips, some people ask for hints and tips, some people ask for hand-holding levels of guidance, some people ask for walkthroughs and some people just want to submit flags they've bought somewhere.

    At the end of the day, to me, this is platform is a gamified way to practice things and have fun. If people want to use it in a different manner to me, I am ok with that.

    The issue seems to be people taking score and rank to mean something different. Until each box is done in a formal exam-style setting (in the style of OSCP), it isn't the same as passing a certification exam.

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

    Currently have very limited HTB time but will try to respond as quickly as possible.

  • edited May 2020

    limbernie, I have seen this too, it cheapens the whole status/levels things. When you work hard to get boxes, and some chump is buying their way through everything. This has become an entirely cash for admin hashes and write-ups service now since the flags became dynamic. They are literally making money selling "points" needed to unlock access to stuff from the looks of it. When i saw this, it made me stop logging in so much, and I eventually ended up just letting my pro subscription lapse because I found the push to reach the next level before stuff retired kept me going. After realizing people just pay their way to the top, I didn't really see much of a point in rushing to beat the "reset timer" for points anymore.

  • Type your comment> @magomed said:

    Type your comment> @limbernie said:

    Check out RaidForums. Openly leaking flags and machines write-ups before they are retired.

    ikr, pisses me off. Hope one day we can eliminate that kind of cheating, but it will surely not happen anytime soon.

    I don't understand this, what is the point in cheating? You're only lying to yourself. You don't gain anything from cheating in boxes/challenges apart from wasting your own time, surely?

  • edited May 2020
    I can't see why being on the top matters. does it really ?

    for me, its a playful way to learn things and the best part of learning is getting stuck, sitting back, thinking here, thinking there, may be sometimes when having a shit, of why that didn't work, also drop messages to ask for tiny nudges but thats all.
    Points don't matter to me, learning does.

    cheaters are just cheating to themselves, no one else.
  • @idevilkz said:

    for me, its a playful way to learn things and the best part of learning is getting stuck, sitting back, thinking here, thinking there, may be sometimes when having a shit, of why that didn't work, also drop messages to ask for tiny nudges but thats all.
    Points don't matter to me, learning does.

    I 100% agree with this, although I'd add that asking for lots of help is ok as long as you know how to learn from it. It doesn't make a difference if someone in the forums teaches me something or I learn it from a blog post.

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

    Currently have very limited HTB time but will try to respond as quickly as possible.

  • edited May 2020

    Type your comment> @TazWake said:

    @idevilkz said:

    for me, its a playful way to learn things and the best part of learning is getting stuck, sitting back, thinking here, thinking there, may be sometimes when having a shit, of why that didn't work, also drop messages to ask for tiny nudges but thats all.
    Points don't matter to me, learning does.

    I 100% agree with this, although I'd add that asking for lots of help is ok as long as you know how to learn from it. It doesn't make a difference if someone in the forums teaches me something or I learn it from a blog post.

    • plus 1 to what you said there @TazWake

    I don't shy away from learning from anyone in any shape of form and I don't feel embarrassed asking for help, you can't just know everything but as long as there is a willingness to learn, thats what matters most.

    I have been a member for couple of months and have learn't a lot but I would say Manuel style " I know naaaathiing " :D

  • Type your comment> @636173706572 said:

    Type your comment> @magomed said:

    Type your comment> @limbernie said:

    Check out RaidForums. Openly leaking flags and machines write-ups before they are retired.

    ikr, pisses me off. Hope one day we can eliminate that kind of cheating, but it will surely not happen anytime soon.

    I don't understand this, what is the point in cheating? You're only lying to yourself. You don't gain anything from cheating in boxes/challenges apart from wasting your own time, surely?

    I guess some people just think that they can get somewhere by cheating, which will never be the case.

    Feel free to PM me, but please ask good questions: https://www.shorturl.at/fmAX6

Sign In to comment.