Challenge: Kryptic Ransomware

Can someone ping me about this challenge and let me know if I am on the right track? I feel like I’m going crazy.

Type your comment> @stevenvegar said:

Really interesting challenge…

Hint: It is better if you ask the bird directly…

I feel myself a crazy… what’s mean ask to bird?

I found f**m.com site the was text from index.html file.
I found address by whois and try found coords by IP.
If I use geolocation I get different address, if I use google I get location but it changes if I change scale than location change too.
When I check found location on index.html I get Satellite is repositioning or None was found at that location.
Was it rabbit hole from my first step?

Hi all, thanks for trying my challenge. The challenge was broken for a short period of time, so if you couldn’t solve it maybe you should try again. Thanks!

stuck on this challenge; found the tr and the f*r but not sure if Less fin is a red herring or if its actually Cy****s

anyone give some help? : //

solved :slight_smile: overlooked a very simple thing and over thought the solution. actually a very easy challenge if you take the paths of least resistance. listen to the bird and the cat, pay attention to handles, make sure you download the right files : D

many rabbit holes as others said. if got “Sattelite is repositioning”, maybe you need look at another path. DM me if you a nudge.

Hi there. Found the e-mail but can’t get to the coords. The event coords are no good and I’ve found dozens of pics by the handle but have no idea about the cat. Can anyone give me a hint?

@p01arst0rm I’m ended in your same place (I saw your comment). I saw the coords at Lis F**n, but nothing. Any advice?

When entering the in the coordinates, your browser can make a difference.
Entering the same Coordinates in Firefox in Kali and Chrome in windows gave different results.

I got one hint at F*** which contains one location. I put the coordinate of this location in Zeus but I got ‘None’.
I’m thinking about the @Kucharskov comment about brute force, because I got one coordinate with a negative value. Did I find a wrong hint then?

Is this challenge broke? I got into L****** F******* but I’m so stuck. Any nudge will be aprecciated!!

UPDATE: It’s not broken :hushed:

finally got it, beware of ****s (****2) not reporting all that can be found

Hey so I used whs and then used the email to find the the Tr, can anyone hint me what I should be looking for on the Fr?

got it, i think its not easy challenge, first part is hard to find , pm me for any nudge :slight_smile:

if any one can help, send me a DM. could use a nudge. have the T***** and have gone around in circles. need to talk to some one who has finished this so I can say everything have done and figure out if I am digging too deep or missing something obvious or what…

Edit: Never mind. Overthinking things.

If you got a “Satellite is repositioning” message means you either entered the wrong GPS coordinates or entered them in the wrong format.

wow, what a frustrating challenge, but finally got it. Thanks to @sh4d0wless, @roaldnefs and @MountainMan for the nudges.

one thing I will say. don’t use iPhoto. it produces problems.