Admirer

Rooted!

Learned some new interesting things :slight_smile:
Thanks to @olsv and @thomsd for the nudges

Feel free to PM me for hints

Finished USER earlier this evening. Thanks to a few folks on here for keeping me on target. My advice for those in this phase…

• Your initial enum won’t turn up everything you need, even though you may think you have a lot. Maybe wordlists will only take you so far.
  • Look at the files you have found and what they say about other services at work internally. Maybe Google will take you were your wordlist could not.
  • Once you have the page you seek, Don’t forget about the files you found. Now that you know more, keep googling to find a script for what is exposed. BUT those previous files will tell you what you need to get with it.
  • Once you have what you came for, it works where it should but also where you really need it.

Found the c*******.*** file, but ive been fuzzing for ages and haven’t found any creds. Can somebody give me a nudge?

Any hint on the login page?

Type your comment> @N00p said:

same stuck here, tried hydra with rockyou but is very very slow.

Woke up a couple hours ago. Was up until morning but finally got root and understand the whole process throughout (which is the most important part of these challenges), so if anyone needs a nudge I would not give it to you in a silver platter but help you understand the process until you get it so if you want a quick help don’t msg me; if you want to learn in the process PM me.

Type your comment> @yzkofk said:

Type your comment> @N00p said:

same stuck here, tried hydra with rockyou but is very very slow.

brute forcing / fuzzing with the normal wordlists aren’t going to find the login page you seek. Google with some keywords you already know will be a much more efficient way.

lovely box :slight_smile:
user was much harder than root. ton of red herrings and a whole bunch of steps. i recommend paying attention to comments and other things that might seem irrelevant and put a little more thought and research into that

Getting user has been a brutal experience for me haha but Im glad I persisted. Actually learned a TON from this first part.

Got user, definitely not a easy machine ^^

Type your comment> @H8des said:

Found the c*******.*** file, but ive been fuzzing for ages and haven’t found any creds. Can somebody give me a nudge?

thanks for this nudge… and i guessed it correct… WTH…

Just got user, as frustrated as I got there at times, that was awesome when it all came together.

The thing that surprised me… took a look through all of the default wordlists. It is surprising how many of them have the word that is needed to solve this . I should have had this done ages ago if i were a little more methodical

That was a nice little box thankies Mr(s) box maker(s), maybe a little bit medium than easy but whatever it was a cool one, i don’t understand why some here are complaining about rabbitholes i mean thats a part of the game it makes it more fun and you get to learn way more than if the path was straight.
Foothold : Fuzzing directories with diversity of extentions (without forgetting that this box is an easy marked one so don’t get too far) and never give up fuzz everything
User : Google is your best friend, i gave up on what i’ve found because of a miss i did myself so make sure it’s well done
Root : Classical one, just look step by step at what you have at hands and and make sure that the atmosphere is by your side in this one lol
Hope i’m not spoiling anything.

rooted finally

thanks to @vicio and @Selcius for nudges and help
thanks also to the machine makers
learn a lot

hint its already in this thread
you can DM for nudges

@H8des said:

Same. Been fuzzing like crazy. Every file extension I can think of, every wordlist. Not sure what else to do at this point. WTF!? (What The Fuzz)

rooted. Frustrated at first, but after all this machine deserved to be much higher rate.

User: Difficulty of foothold depends on if you know a specific tool related to databases. The machine name is a big hint.
Root: Basic enum, then read the script carefully line by line.

found the login page and creds, no idea whats next…

i get Connection refused on login page can somone tell how i can pass this ?

Would someone mind giving me the little nudge to finish root.
I know what I can see and run, I know what I’m supposed to do with that… but I’m not exactly sure how to execute it to do what I need to do with it.