Admirer

Type your comment> @sulfacid said:

Type your comment> @jiggle said:

For an easy box, this isn’t going very easily. Found a whole bunch of creds & downloaded some files. Can’t quite seem to locate this login page that everyone is talking about. hmmm…

Yes it was the worst part for me. But is not hard, I was tried that filename before with no result. But after I get some other items from the lowest service files, the filename work. Also with the basic web enumeration tools and wordlist you can get it. It start with a so no long time is needed :smiley: )

Yeah, I’ll probably feel like an idiot once I get it.
But so far that hasn"t happened :lol:

For an easy box, this isn’t going very easily. Found a whole bunch of creds & downloaded some files. Can’t quite seem to locate this login page that everyone is talking about. hmmm…

Yes it was the worst part for me. But is not hard, I was tried that filename before with no result. But after I get some other items from the lowest service files, the filename work. Also with the basic web enumeration tools and wordlist you can get it. It start with a so no long time is needed :smiley: )

I just found it & can confirm a feeling of idiocy is sweeping over me :sweat_smile:

Type your comment> @absolutenoob said:

I just found it & can confirm a feeling of idiocy is sweeping over me :sweat_smile:

Have same feelings lot of times when i try htb machines haha

Yeah, feel like a dummy.
Thanks for the nudge @EvilT0r13

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

Finally managed to get user, what a journey that was! PM if you need a push in the right direction or discord code0x13#4635

Rooted!

Learned some new interesting things :slight_smile:
Thanks to @olsv and @thomsd for the nudges

Feel free to PM me for hints

Finished USER earlier this evening. Thanks to a few folks on here for keeping me on target. My advice for those in this phase…

• Your initial enum won’t turn up everything you need, even though you may think you have a lot. Maybe wordlists will only take you so far.
  • Look at the files you have found and what they say about other services at work internally. Maybe Google will take you were your wordlist could not.
  • Once you have the page you seek, Don’t forget about the files you found. Now that you know more, keep googling to find a script for what is exposed. BUT those previous files will tell you what you need to get with it.
  • Once you have what you came for, it works where it should but also where you really need it.

Found the c*******.*** file, but ive been fuzzing for ages and haven’t found any creds. Can somebody give me a nudge?

Any hint on the login page?

Type your comment> @N00p said:

same stuck here, tried hydra with rockyou but is very very slow.

Woke up a couple hours ago. Was up until morning but finally got root and understand the whole process throughout (which is the most important part of these challenges), so if anyone needs a nudge I would not give it to you in a silver platter but help you understand the process until you get it so if you want a quick help don’t msg me; if you want to learn in the process PM me.

Type your comment> @yzkofk said:

Type your comment> @N00p said:

same stuck here, tried hydra with rockyou but is very very slow.

brute forcing / fuzzing with the normal wordlists aren’t going to find the login page you seek. Google with some keywords you already know will be a much more efficient way.

lovely box :slight_smile:
user was much harder than root. ton of red herrings and a whole bunch of steps. i recommend paying attention to comments and other things that might seem irrelevant and put a little more thought and research into that

Getting user has been a brutal experience for me haha but Im glad I persisted. Actually learned a TON from this first part.

Got user, definitely not a easy machine ^^

Type your comment> @H8des said:

Found the c*******.*** file, but ive been fuzzing for ages and haven’t found any creds. Can somebody give me a nudge?

thanks for this nudge… and i guessed it correct… WTH…

Just got user, as frustrated as I got there at times, that was awesome when it all came together.

The thing that surprised me… took a look through all of the default wordlists. It is surprising how many of them have the word that is needed to solve this . I should have had this done ages ago if i were a little more methodical