Admirer

I’m stuck at a page that asks for creds. It doesnt seem to accept any that I offer it.
anyone around for a nudge ?

For an easy box, this isn’t going very easily. Found a whole bunch of creds & downloaded some files. Can’t quite seem to locate this login page that everyone is talking about. hmmm…

Type your comment> @gverre said:

Thx @polarbearer and @GibParadox ! Super fun box. Good recap and learning experience, especially for an easy box! Part of the rooting process was new for me!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Type your comment> @jiggle said:

For an easy box, this isn’t going very easily. Found a whole bunch of creds & downloaded some files. Can’t quite seem to locate this login page that everyone is talking about. hmmm…

Yes it was the worst part for me. But is not hard, I was tried that filename before with no result. But after I get some other items from the lowest service files, the filename work. Also with the basic web enumeration tools and wordlist you can get it. It start with a so no long time is needed :smiley: )

Rooted. Kudos to the authors and @bertalting for the nudges.

Foothold: hard to give some hints without spoiling, but you should literally search for the things that “no one should see”. Very popular tool has special switch to search for multiple types at the same time. Use it
User: a bit of guesswork is mandatory. You do have clues, but most likely you’re looking for the wrong tool. Especially if you’ve never heard about the correct one. Machine name is a massive spoiler to get back to the right path.
Root: is awesome. just awesome

I need a little help with root please. had lots of ideas. but none have worked. PM me please I will share what I have tried
All Good!

Type your comment> @sulfacid said:

Yes it was the worst part for me. But is not hard, I was tried that filename before with no result. But after I get some other items from the lowest service files, the filename work. Also with the basic web enumeration tools and wordlist you can get it. It start with a so no long time is needed :smiley: )

Yeah, I’ll probably feel like an idiot once I get it.
But so far that hasn"t happened :lol:

I just found it & can confirm a feeling of idiocy is sweeping over me :sweat_smile:

Type your comment> @absolutenoob said:

I just found it & can confirm a feeling of idiocy is sweeping over me :sweat_smile:

Have same feelings lot of times when i try htb machines haha

Yeah, feel like a dummy.
Thanks for the nudge @EvilT0r13

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

Finally managed to get user, what a journey that was! PM if you need a push in the right direction or discord code0x13#4635

Rooted!

Learned some new interesting things :slight_smile:
Thanks to @olsv and @thomsd for the nudges

Feel free to PM me for hints

Finished USER earlier this evening. Thanks to a few folks on here for keeping me on target. My advice for those in this phase…

• Your initial enum won’t turn up everything you need, even though you may think you have a lot. Maybe wordlists will only take you so far.
  • Look at the files you have found and what they say about other services at work internally. Maybe Google will take you were your wordlist could not.
  • Once you have the page you seek, Don’t forget about the files you found. Now that you know more, keep googling to find a script for what is exposed. BUT those previous files will tell you what you need to get with it.
  • Once you have what you came for, it works where it should but also where you really need it.

Found the c*******.*** file, but ive been fuzzing for ages and haven’t found any creds. Can somebody give me a nudge?

Any hint on the login page?

Type your comment> @N00p said:

same stuck here, tried hydra with rockyou but is very very slow.

Woke up a couple hours ago. Was up until morning but finally got root and understand the whole process throughout (which is the most important part of these challenges), so if anyone needs a nudge I would not give it to you in a silver platter but help you understand the process until you get it so if you want a quick help don’t msg me; if you want to learn in the process PM me.

Type your comment> @yzkofk said:

Type your comment> @N00p said:

same stuck here, tried hydra with rockyou but is very very slow.

brute forcing / fuzzing with the normal wordlists aren’t going to find the login page you seek. Google with some keywords you already know will be a much more efficient way.