ServMon

Type your comment> @n3wb1en3w9999 said:

Type your comment> @VbScrub said:

@n3wb1en3w9999 said:
I have the password from the NS*******.ini but it does not seem to work on the portal ?

It does, but only from a certain place. Check the other settings in that ini file

Would this require some form of port forwarding ?

Port forwarding though does not seem to be working. Is this the correct approach to login to N*********++ ?

rooted. I agree with @VbScrub : the API call part is not well explained… at least the part needed to do the job…

@sparkla said:
So does it work via a REST call / CLI? Or is the WebUI necessary for the final step? Please PM me, I’d like to know!

Does not need the Web UI. Can just be done with curl like the examples on the API documentation site show

Finally got root…this was fun, but man figuring out how to do this via the API was a bit counter-intuitive for me. Spent way too much time digging in the wrong spot there…jeez…

Can anyone give hints for the API bit pls ? Had a look at the documentation most curl requests seem to get rejected. Can’t get my reverse shell working with Sc****** and Sc***s as per the cve

I escalated the administrator privileges got the root.txt in desktop also but its not working. I changed the sever multiple times and the root hashes also changes still htb does not accept root hashes. Please help!!

Type your comment> @opoudel27 said:

I escalated the administrator privileges got the root.txt in desktop also but its not working. I changed the sever multiple times and the root hashes also changes still htb does not accept root hashes. Please help!!

when making api calls I get “ssl error syscall” on call through tunnel. Is this expected ?

@opoudel27 said:

Raise a support ticket with HTB here: Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

t> @ChuChuJelly said:

Is there a way to add a schedule without accessing GUI at all (I’ve never been able to load the login page as mentioned by a lot of people so trying the API route)? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Any hint would be appreciated :slight_smile:

This is where I’m stuck too :confused: I’ve got my script added to the server via API, and can execute it using the “test” command, but it seems to run as the current user rather than as the service account. So I’m assuming the only way to get it to do that is with the scheduler, but there doesn’t seem to be an API for that. Also looked at using the check_n***.exe to trigger it but can’t get that to connect even locally, and the config file suggests it is disabled anyway.

EDIT: I ended up just using the web front end to add the schedule and that worked fine. Feel sorry for people on the free servers though as even on the VIP server it was pretty sluggish, as plenty of people have said. But yeah, got root :slight_smile:

interesting. I have had my bat file in the schedule for ages and still not getting a shell

Type your comment

Would anybody be so kind and give me a nudge on how I can execute a script through the API? I’ve been trying forever with the web interface without any luck and have played around with different API calls, also without any luck. Been looking through the manual for over an hour now as well. Thank you!

Is the nsclient supposed to come back up after you restart it? Or are you supposed to not restart it?

Type your comment> @purplenavi said:

Is the nsclient supposed to come back up after you restart it? Or are you supposed to not restart it?

Don’t restart it. Apparently that breaks it and the machine has to be reset

Type your comment> @nyckelharpa said:

Would anybody be so kind and give me a nudge on how I can execute a script through the API? I’ve been trying forever with the web interface without any luck and have played around with different API calls, also without any luck. Been looking through the manual for over an hour now as well. Thank you!

I am struggling with the same. Doesnt help that the web server is a piece of junk and people reset or ddos the box every 5 mins… -_-

Thanks! Found another way, pretty easy but fun box :blush:

PM if you need a hint!

PM if you need a hint!

I cannot PM but would appreciate a hint been stuck for 4 hours on the api bit

Type your comment> @n3wb1en3w9999 said:

PM if you need a hint!

I cannot PM but would appreciate a hint been stuck for 4 hours on the api bit
If you’ve correctly uploaded your script, you should find it in somewhere else than settings in the web UI

I got root by restarting it - the app, not the website or the whole box. But it didn’t always work. Sometimes it did crash the service as you said, sometimes it reset in less than a second. This app is very unstable.

User ez… priv esc GUI is useless.