Admirer

Pretty much stuck after establishing a t*****. Tried various combinations of the leaked creds to access the internal service but none of them work. I’d appreciate a nudge :slight_smile:

EDIT:
User:
The key thing is to use the right wordlist and properly enumerate all directories, otherwise you’ll be going down the many rabbit holes this box has. It should be obvious once you found it. From then on google it and you’re well on your way!

Root:
As some others mentioned, the devil is in the details. It’s a very common privesc attack but with a twist, so don’t give up right away, pay attention and you’ll find the right path… :wink:

Got the Ad****r lo**n but unable to get in with the creds found. Also looked for exploits :s
Anyone pls who can PM me if this is the right track or another rabbithole?

apart from DL filess, where the ■■■■ is d?_???.???

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @minium said:

Pretty much stuck after establishing a t*****. Tried various combinations of the leaked creds to access the internal service but none of them work. I’d appreciate a nudge :slight_smile:

I am stuck at the same part, just wondering how to get past that.
tried all combinations of creds too.

from DL files I see it’s not really helpful, but cannot see or fing it from . please PM me if you know my problem

Is a****_**. with all that numbers thing a rabbit hole?
Found a lot of creds and got the dump and the tar file but cant find a place to use them to get a shell

Type your comment> @Matbe34 said:

Is a****_**. with all that numbers thing a rabbit hole?

I think it is, I could be wrong though.

Is a****_. with all that numbers thing a rabbit hole?
Found a lot of creds and got the dump and the tar file but cant find a place to use them to get a shell
I wonder if actually everything inside the u
y-s*** folder is a rabbit hole.

Type your comment> @shfscrt said:

Is a****_. with all that numbers thing a rabbit hole?
I wonder if actually everything inside the u
y-s*** folder is a rabbit hole.

I personally think we can get some hints from that folder that would aid us into later steps.

Guys,

I’m going to leave a couple of hints here…

1- There is absolutely no guesswork involved.
2- For user, attention to detail is key here. There are quite a few clues that should save you time.
3- It is meant to be an easy box. Think basics.
4- For root, the devil is also in the details.

Hope you are all enjoying it :slight_smile:

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @minium said:

same boat, could use a hint

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

There might be something there :wink:

Rooted. Now, that was fun. Lots of enum, but still pretty straight-forward. Especially loved the root part. Thank you @polarbearer and @GibParadox for that nice machine :slight_smile:
Just wondering why there are so many users on the system.

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

something newer than what was found in the h******.gz on the f** service ?

Type your comment> @0xRDx0 said:

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

something newer than what was found in the h******.gz on the f** service ?

Worth checking…

@HomeSen said:
Rooted. Now, that was fun. Lots of enum, but still pretty straight-forward. Especially loved the root part. Thank you @polarbearer and @GibParadox for that nice machine :slight_smile:
Just wondering why there are so many users on the system.

Because the “box owner” has good intentions, but poor execution