USB ripper

this can be done in a few lines of python + online tool. nice challange though :slight_smile:

any nudge on the “crack” part ?

I’m looking over the tool. I ran the command to pull violations. However I know I’m using the tool wrong as it output my usb devices as the violations. I’m stuck on how to make this work. Can someone PM me a nudge please?

The chef is offering me a dish that I am clearly not adequately skilled to eat :frowning:

Hi there, can someone help with the second part. It says crack it so I have tried some online platforms but that doesn’t seem to work. A PM would be appreciated!

Done…Anyone need help ping me <3

Simple python + jtr = eez

Hi all, can someone give me a hint on the second part, please? I’m using J but not sure if I’m using him correctly,

Thanks

Pilgrim23

Ignore me. Done it.

Not sure if I am right, but the suggested tool usage is a bit hard. Harder -maybe- then the challenge. It always throws errors. Here the maker (and the challenge owner snovvcrash) said: “Try harder”

The installation and uninstallation process was also too hard (for me absolutely), and it is not working, does not matter how hard I try…

tha usbrip tool is enouhg
pip3 install usbrip==2.1.3.post3 is important for errors
thanks for nudges on this forum

crack part is easy google skilzz

got it, feel free to PM me

Got. Nice challenge. Feel free to contact me if you need hints

Hah) nice challenge). All needed hints are in this discussion

I tried the latest version of the tool and a couple of the older versions and still couldn’t escape errors when trying to open files with it. So I gave up and just went back to some manual parsing in the terminal. It took a little longer than it would have if the tool just worked out of the box, but it wasn’t too hard. The “cracking” was handled quickly by a well known website.

Type your comment> @Ganishka said:

I tried the latest version of the tool and a couple of the older versions and still couldn’t escape errors when trying to open files with it. So I gave up and just went back to some manual parsing in the terminal. It took a little longer than it would have if the tool just worked out of the box, but it wasn’t too hard. The “cracking” was handled quickly by a well known website.

I did a lot in the terminal as well and piped a lot of commands together. After I realized the tool was out there I kind of liked the fact I did it the hard way. Helped me realize my CLI commands aren’t as sharp as they once were.

I did this by just using grep, cut and vim. I would recommend reading SANS whitepaper on regular expression and also learn how to do a search and replace in vim.

I liked the first part :heart: but the ending is a bit frustrating :frowning:

I completed the first half using a combination of cat, grep, cut, sort and diff, but I can’t understand what they mean by “crack”. Can someone please give me a pointer?

Yeah, standard unix tools will get you there, in a one-liner.

ez challage, pm for hints