Quick

Finally got user. It was pretty hard for me. Need some rest xd

Finally got root , really interesting box foothold and privesc were the best part !

pm me for help

Rooted ! Enjoyed the box ! The only issue was the refresh battle in the end. Thanks to @stoneric for the nudge. Kudos to the creator @MrR3boot

Type your comment> @EvilT0r13 said:

Rooted ! Enjoyed the box ! The only issue was the refresh battle in the end. Thanks to @stoneric for the nudge. Kudos to the creator @MrR3boot

if by refresh battle, you mean by lastest site, then using ssh tunnels helped for me

so. tbh.
this was the best and cleanest box yet, c/o @MrR3boot
which is great because sometimes they are a bit fantastical. which is also great but in a completely different way.

this is also a reasonably helpful box for AWAE/OSWE prep, due to certain sections.
so big-BIG thanks to the creator for multiple reasons.

we appreciate you dude, despite the fact that we hate you often.

Can anyone double-check me on something? I have access to the UI with creds found earlier, have a type of callback working and am really close to getting the next level foothold - just stuck on the possible syntax or something really small I’m missing. Thanks.

All i can do with this box is now move on.
Helpless and i have nothing left to try…
This box may be the best …but its super frustrating for me .

ok, I think i have an issue with my VM. I’m stuck at the foothold, I found out the P process and manage to get curl to fetch it ( was a nightmare to update and compile properly), anyway, this is the only way I get a reading of p*.q***.***b Am i supposed to be able to get there with our favourite orange k9 ? because the dark shiny metal cannot be installed on linux. am I doing something wrong ? or is this how it’s supposed to be done?

Any hints on privesc from user2?

NVM: rooted. Thanks @applepyguy

Type your comment> @offsecin said:

Did you spot the technologies that are being used for initial foothold and initial user access? Got past the first one, still fighting with the second to get initial user.

Type your comment> @guanicoe said:

ok, I think i have an issue with my VM. I’m stuck at the foothold, I found out the P process and manage to get curl to fetch it ( was a nightmare to update and compile properly), anyway, this is the only way I get a reading of p*.q***.***b Am i supposed to be able to get there with our favourite orange k9 ? because the dark shiny metal cannot be installed on linux. am I doing something wrong ? or is this how it’s supposed to be done?

I wasn’t able to just had to use curl. Which is enough to get the required information

Was this box updated or changed since it was first released? I feel like I cannot access somewhere where I had been able to the night it dropped. Also nmap results seem different.

@d4rkm0de said:

@Brogramm3r said:
Got user, I can sleep now.

PM if you’re stuck

I feel ya. I was the 200th user flag submitted on this box just a few moments ago. Now I can sleep too!

What a journey it has been

Yeah, this one is a doozy lol. Congrats :smile:

PM if you wanna bounce some ideas off each other for privesc

Type your comment> @offsecin said:

hit me up if you need. just about everything is within the reach of research if you’re willing to do some building & get relentless along the way.

Type your comment> @chicxulub said:

Was this box updated or changed since it was first released? I feel like I cannot access somewhere where I had been able to the night it dropped. Also nmap results seem different.

I def had some inconsistent results with nmap. but in my experience, that specific type of nmap scanning is always a bit unreliable

Kinda stuck at foothold. Do you use port 9*** with the newer protocol? I get Connection refused :confused:

EDIT: nevermind, I forgot it uses the other transport protocol. I still don’t get any reply though…

Type your comment> @Brogramm3r said:

@guanicoe said:
i get SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG, ham i digging the wrong hole?

Same here. Did you ever get an answer for this? I’m pretty stuck on this foothold…

yes and no. Yes in terms that i think i was looking at the wrong place, at least i did not need to fix it to get passed this step. No because i am still not sure why this happens

what a great and entertaining box! learned a lot while having lots of fun. defo a hard one.
took about 12-14 hours altogether for me with some small nudges.

here are my cryptic clues:
foothold: follow the message, use your new tech, read client testamonials
user#1: use your head, google fu
user#2: script and rock, then be quick to your job
root: easy just look around

drop me a PM for equally cryptic nudges :wink: i’ll try to help if i can

and rooted! it was an intense journey. thanks to @MrR3boot for such an amazing box. learnt a lot in each part

Rooted! It was a great machine and learned a lot from it
initial foothold: 3rd time is a charm
user#1: it’s all in the head
user#2: bash fu to a possible file location
root: you know what they say these days: #stay-at-home