Cascade

@Ahmed96 said:
There is something wrong for me while submitting the root flag, even after a reset, the flag isn’t correct.

If its not working properly, raise a ticket with HTB support here: Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

i have first user, got a password, decrypted but it’s not a plain text, and i have username saying sth about password, im lost

Type your comment> @Ahmed96 said:

There is something wrong for me while submitting the root flag, even after a reset, the flag isn’t correct.

I am having the same problem with the User flag right now. I’ve reset the machine multiple times, even checked it out and saw it shutdown, as I appear to the be only one using it right now, but the flag in the user.txt stays the same, and it says that it is incorrect.

Type your comment> @Bays said:

Type your comment> @Ahmed96 said:

I am having the same problem with the User flag right now. I’ve reset the machine multiple times, even checked it out and saw it shutdown, as I appear to the be only one using it right now, but the flag in the user.txt stays the same, and it says that it is incorrect.

im at the same step, same issue, is it a troll ?

Judging by the messages I’ve received over the last few days and the number of comments I see here, I’d say the new dynamic flag system from HTB just isn’t working particularly reliably at the moment. All I can suggest is raise a support ticket with them and hopefully they can sort it out

a reset solved that issue

having trouble enumerating user! please pm me! im on the discord server as well!

Type your comment> @peek said:

a reset solved that issue

Yeah, I guess that trying harder and holding your tongue right was key. :smile:
After the 3rd reset, I was able to get a new dynamic flag to generate and it worked.

At what I assume is the last hurdle to get root, but I don’t seem to have the permission to do what I need to do. Even though I am in the AD group to do what I think needs to be done. If that makes sense haha.

PM with any nudge, it would be appreciated.

EDIT: Got it, was so close.

Great box @VbScrub

Rooted. Thank you @VbScrub for the awesome box.

Type your comment> @pHuR1u5 said:

At what I assume is the last hurdle to get root, but I don’t seem to have the permission to do what I need to do. Even though I am in the AD group to do what I think needs to be done. If that makes sense haha.

I am at the exact same point and I just can’t figure it out. This has to be stupidly simple I guess…

PM with a nudge would be appreciated.

EDIT: Got it. Should have taken a better look at some of the options.

Type your comment

Got user just now. A different way of enumeration. I loved it. I wonder what the root part with enlighten me…
Edit: Rooted. I was stuck a bit at Decrypting. Thanks @Konstant for your help.

Did someone do the rev eng part using ghidra? Im running in some problems with the decompiler.

@QHx5 said:

Did someone do the rev eng part using ghidra? Im running in some problems with the decompiler.

I don’t recommend using Ghidra (or any classic disassembler) for that kind of binary :wink:

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

@QHx5 said:

I don’t recommend using Ghidra (or any classic disassembler) for that kind of binary :wink:

Yea, but still want to know what’s wrong there. Seems like ghidra doesn’t load the local DLLs for some reason.

@QHx5 said:

@HomeSen said:

@QHx5 said:

Yea, but still want to know what’s wrong there. Seems like ghidra doesn’t load the local DLLs for some reason.

Answered in PM, since this would otherwise spoil too much for others :wink:

Finally…Rooted…Exhausted…

Very tricky at the last part. Thanks for this amazing AD box @VbScrub , push me enum and enum and e…n…u…m…

Great box! Anyone having issues submitting the user.txt and root.txt flags on HTB? - I get invalid flag when I try…

Guessing they’re still having reliability issues with the new flag system.

@bashsquid said:
Guessing they’re still having reliability issues with the new flag system.

Judging by the amount of comments and messages I’ve seen about this, yeah I’d say so. Hopefully gets sorted soon.